Friday, December 28, 2012
Thursday, December 27, 2012
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Sunday, December 23, 2012
- Give in.... We like to believe we are always right but sometimes we aren't, we need to play that one in a million time up. Tell him, "You are Right, and I am Wrong". Those 3 little words mean more to them, or at least as much as "I Love You"... They love hearing us say we are wrong... and they love hearing that they are right. Believe me, It is worth it.
- Compliment Them... If you think they look handsome, Say it... If you think it say it! Tell them they have beautiful eyes, tell them that they turn you on, tell them that smell good... just tell them. We as Women, always complain that they don't compliment us enough but it goes both ways, once the see how good they feel when you shower them with compliments, they will want you to enjoy the feeling too.
- I Love you... Find different ways to say it, say it often, say it again, say it each time you say goodbye, Make sure you say it first thing in the morning and when you say good night each night.... You can't wear it out.
- Cheerleader... You are their cheerleader, don't let anyone else take that role from you... Cheer them on in big accomplishments and small ones too. They need the stroking, in more ways than one.
- Sex...Everyone has a headache once in a while, but you know what cures it.... Orgasm. You will have great sex, good sex and maybe some not so good sex.... but have it! Often!... Enjoy each other! You don't want to be a stranger to your own husband.
- Date night... Couples that still date, are always more content and happy. Because they are nurturing their love. Make time for each other, consider it an investment... in your future.
- Support... Be in their corner, Support their dreams, and make them come true together... (Disclaimer: If they want a ridiculous dream like being a movie star, rock star, etc... It will be harder to support and much more expensive, so you might wanna put your cart behind the right horse)
- Family... His family could be wonderful, but it is more likely that they are from the Bowels of Hell. Endure them... and let them hang themselves. Don't stoop to their levels... Be strong and kill them with kindness. You will always have the upper hand that way! Remember, You come first in his eyes and you don't need to test it.(Disclaimer: If for some reason you don't come first, He may be the cancer that needs to be cut out... not his family)
- Marriage.... Get Married, make it legal... Don't go around saying it's like you're married, you live together like a married couple, or Who needs a silly piece of paper? You deserve to be his wife, not his kinda wife. I know a girl who spent 20 years with a man that she had 2 kids with, owned a house with, shared everything... except a paper. He cheated on her almost the whole time they were together, married 2 of the women he cheated with and kicked her out of her own house twice, ?Yes, that means she took him back after the first time... She had nothing to show for their relationship except 2 growing boys to feed, hap-hazard child support payments, a man who pretends he never loved her and her sons have an evil stepmother. She would have had alot more rights if they had been married. And Marriage is much more romantic... At least I think so.
- Life... Live it, don't worry so much... Enjoy each other and if you have children, remember that when the kids leave... Your husband stays. So put him first, always. Even when it is difficult. I don't have kids, so this advice... is more do as I say, and not as I do... LOL
Sunday, December 16, 2012
I'm back in Orlando and I was retaining alot of fluid from not drinking as much water and too much sodium in the cruise food. I am looking forward to going home later this week and getting back to my regular routine before starting my pre-op diet on the 26th, I actually should be starting my pre-op diet on the 25 but I thought it would be a less stressful holiday without me in detox.
My surgeon's office has a pre-op diet of 1000 calories a day.... But I am going to try liquids only for most of it. I think that will prepare me better for this next huge step. I did a 2 week pre-op liquid diet before I was banded and I think my preliminary huge success was that foundation, it made me appreciate each new step... Full liquids 2 weeks after surgery and then regular food after that. Since I was able to do 6 weeks of liquids then, this should be a cake walk minus the cake.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Well... I never liked Mashed Potatoes much, but when I had a lapband.... I craved them... And now that it was removed a couple months ago, I could take them or leave them. I started loving cole slaw, which I still love even now. Once my band was removed.... I can't get enough bread or pizza neither or which I really ate or missed while banded... Just Weird? I am almost a month before my gastric bypass... And I am on a binger. It has been ridiculous, like I'm awaiting execution. I miss my band like crazy.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
I was getting a bit of the Last Supper syndrome after having my Lap-band removed... Excited about being able to eat bread and pasta and even Chinese food. All of which, I didn't think I missed but it seems I did. I have gotten control of the Night Eating Syndrome with the Lexapro, but I seem to be hungry all day long and I am getting into old habits like not eating all day and then overeating at dinner and snacking afterwards too. I know this new life will make a lot of these issues go away but it's depressing to admit that my issues with food are no better than they were 3 years ago when I started this journey.
I am nervous about tomorrow's election, I was hoping to have my surgery today, but since it wasn't available I have to wait til next Tuesday... Too Bad, because having my surgery today would have distracted me from worrying about the outcome of tomorrow's election(I voted already several weeks ago by Absentee Ballad in Florida since we are still registered and it's still our permanent residence til we are completely settled in here in PA) and I am a huge TwiHard.... and I am missing the Advanced Screening of Breaking Dawn Part 2 next Wednesday which was a hard choice .... LOL My Physical Health or My Mental Health... LOL
This is going to be a huge change for me, my new stomach pouch will be 2 ounces.... which means that those little condiment cups that they give you in restaurants will be my new serving size....Weird, right? Also, They tell me that I will only be able to drink 3-6 ounces of water an hour, which will make it difficult to get all my water in... for a while.
Monday, October 29, 2012
- Lucky... That I have about a million things overflowing from my neglected DVR, I came back from Disney to 99% filled up. Let's just hope that the power stays on.
- Unlucky... That I am about to start my pre-op diet in a few days and I wanted to eat out one last time, and I have had problems finding my protein shakes.
- Lucky... I am crazy about my husband and don't mind spending day and night with him for days.
- Unlucky... That Dogs don't use a litterbox, and mine doesn't care for the wetness.
- Lucky...That I still have a lot of fat to live off of if we run out of food or lose power and the fridge takes a hit.
- Unlucky....That the house I live in is over 100 years old, so it loses power every time someone sneezes.
- Lucky.... I have 2 books to read from the library.
- Unlucky... My eyes are not good enough to read by candlelight.
- Lucky... We of the Eastcoast have all your best wishes and prayers... to get us through this.
- Unlucky... We may lose power and not see all your wishes and prayers.
- Lucky... That this whiney, long-winded blog post is ending.
Monday, October 22, 2012
- I have been torn lately, wanting to eat things that my band has prevented me from eating for years... but not having the desire. Weird feeling...
- My Gastric Bypass Surgery is scheduled for November 13... I am scheduled for a day of nutrition classes, blood tests and ultrasounds on November 2nd, and my pre-op diet is much easier than my lapband one. Different surgeons, different rules.
- I feel like I am in a better place when going into this surgery... I guess the Lexapro is really helping and I am fed up with the pain.
- Being in Florida was a different experience this time, I wasn't wanting to rush around to all my favorite restaurants and I wasn't shopping like crazy. I just enjoyed time with friends and got my house more in order.
- I have been taking my journey one day at a time, easing into my new life... I am hoping that I am more equipped to succeed this time. I believe that I am.
- Saw some great movies... Like Sinister, Seven Psychopaths, Wreck-it-Ralph, Lincoln, Alex Cross, and a not so great one... Paranormal Activity 4(I wasn't a fan of any of them actually), and I liked Fun Size too.
- I had a great time at my Family's Pumpkin Painting/Carving Party yesterday... It was so much fun. I spent time with my baby nieces, and my nephews. I missed them so much while in Orlando. My Aunt had a beautiful spread of food, but I ate less of it, than usual. It was such a strange experience. I couldn't believe it.
Monday, October 1, 2012
- Well, Lexapro is amazing.... I am clear-headed, binge-free, carving-free, depression-free, anxiety-free, and my night eating syndrome is in check... Life is Good! I am only on 5mg a day but I have my full range of emotions, except they are under my control for once.
- I have been keeping my weight under control without my band which is wonderful.....
- I am excited about seeing Taken 2 tomorrow night... I love Liam Neeson and the first one was amazing...
- We are preparing for one of our Orlando Work trips.... We are heading down to Disney the middle of the week for My George to work for a couple weeks. He works and I play... It works out great for me.... LOL
- My In-Laws gave me their old car(2004 Chevy Trailblazer) instead of trading it in when they bought their new one...It's a lot newer than mine so that's great. Mine has been a death trap lately so It couldn't come at a better time. I am a happy girl, who may be slightly spoiled but in a cute way.... LOL
- My surgery is not scheduled yet but I am almost through the insurance approval process so it shouldn't be long before it gets scheduled. I am planning on around the 5th of November which means I will have to vote early or absentee ballot since I will still be in the hospital.
- I look forward to seeing my sweet nieces and Nephews dressed in their Halloween costumes and going trick or treating with them so I am deliberately waiting another week to schedule my surgery.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- Well, The verdict is in.... Lexapro is helping alot with my Night Eating Syndrome and me binge eating. It has also helped clearing my mind and lets me make quality decisions more often. I am really thrilled. Good choices means Success.
- Unfortunately, my right knee is really bad so I haven't been able to do my walking but I need to make an effort to get to the gym so I can swim.
- I am awaiting Insurance approval for my Gastric Bypass... but I am not worried. I have waited this long...
- In a little over a week, We head down to Orlando for my George to work some hours at Disney. I look forward to seeing some friends and seeing the theme parks.... I am hoping my knee will get better since walking is necessary. I don't wanna end up back in a wheelchair. I also look forward to going to my old support group, I haven't been able to find one up here that I like as much.
- I have been seeing alot of movies as usual.... I really Loved Hotel Transylvania(Released September 28th), for all you folks that have kids or those who are kids at heart like me. It was a great story and great fun for people of all ages. Pitch Perfect(Released October 5th) is a great Girls night movie, It is also alot of fun. Here Comes the Boom(Released October 12th) is funny and really heartfelt, It is another great story where a teacher becomes a professional fighter to earn money to keep the music program at his school, These are issues we need to care about expressed in a sweet funny way. While we are talking about important issues, Won't Back Down(Released September 28th) is a amazing true story about 2 mothers(One who is a teacher) who fight to open their own school when they find that their children are falling through the cracks. Viola Davis and Maggie Gyllenhal are incredible. House at the End of the Street was very disappointing, I didn't enjoy it at all. I wouldn't recommend it at all. But it was a decent story and there were some good twists and turns. Wait for DVD... Trouble with the Curve was a nice story and I liked it since I love Baseball. But it wasn't great so I would wait for DVD. As you know, I see these movies for free so I see pretty much everything. But If I had to pay, I would wanna get my money's worth. So if you want to see something... Ask me and I will be honest.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Thursday, September 6, 2012
- Seriously... I am still very aware of my body just like I was with my band, but I get headaches from hunger and that is a new and annoying thing... Physical Hunger is a new and annoying thing.
- I ate a turkey burger the other day.... with the bun. Seriously?
- I ate 2 1/2 pancakes for breakfast yesterday.... I mean. Seriously?
- I just ate a whole Roll last week.... Really? With Butter... Seriously? If I keep that up and I will have more Rolls, and not the Edible kind, either.
- I have my psych appt today which is the last loop I have to jump though... to move on to the next part of my journey.
- I don't crave sweets as much... That's a Good thing! A Really Good Thing...
- I get Full now.... which sucks, since I forgot how uncomfortable that can be.... So I am trying to eat less but that leaves me hungry, I am not sure what to do but I'll figure it out.
- My regular routine doesn't work as well, as it used to.... but I will get through the next 2 months somehow.
- I have been walking alot these days.... since I am not allowed to get in the pool for a few more weeks.
- I am trying not to slip back into all the bad habits that got me in this mess, but it is a constant fight.
- I still didn't go to my PCP to speak to her about Appetite Suppressants, I hate taking drugs even if It might help me for the next couple months.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Sunday, September 2, 2012
- I haven't had real bread in 2 1/2 years, and i didn't really miss it until my band was removed... I have eaten bread 3 times in the last week.... It is good! but I don't wanna fall into old habits.
- I went to the Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Bowl and ate a bowl and a half of pasta.... I loved it, which is weird since I didn't really like Pasta after i was banded. I will stay away from Olive Garden for a long while....
- I am trying to eat the same size servings but I find I am still hungry afterwards..... It's gonna be a long 2 months unbanded and fighting off the binge. I am keeping crap out of the house and trying to get by on smaller meals. I don't want to gain alot of weight between surgeries, because even though losing weight is amazing, relosing is not as fun.
- I asked my surgeon to prescribe an appetite suppressant.... but he won't do that, so I am planning on asking my PCP this week. I know I should be able to have some control over myself but I need to be realistic, I am an addict and my less than thrilling restriction is now gone completely. I am fine during the day, but when the clock strikes 9pm or so.... I am ravenous... like Cinderella coach turning into a pumpkin, mine would turn into a Pumpkin Pie. A Good Friend suggested getting an appetite suppressant that I could take after dinner... and it sounds like something I should try. I have never taken an appetite suppressant before and I don't really like to take drugs at all. Does anyone have a suggestion?
- I feel better without my band though... No Acid Reflux, No stomach issues, no vomiting, etc.
- On a happier note, We finished paying off our cruise in December with my winnings from the Casino the other day.... I figured, Why Not? Something to look forward to... and One less thing to worry about!
- About the Casino trip, It was a day trip to a casino in our area.... I won a radio station prize which consisted of $100 free slot play, $100 horse racing vouchers, $200 Restaurant voucher, I got to name one of the horse races which i named Georgie's Girl's Classic after me, and I got to get my photo with the winning jockey... and I got a rhinestone Parx Casino tote bag full of other prizes. I used the free play and brought home $312... Which doesn't sound like alot but I am an addictive personality so I was extremely proud that I walked away and didn't lose my winnings. I walked away... I kept my winnings.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- I am healed.... pretty much! Incisions look good, the largest one is so light... That I can hardly see it already, that's impressive!
- I loved Lawless... Tom Hardy is one of my new favorites, he was amazing in Lawless... Great in This Means War... and Fantastic in The Dark Knight Rises.
- I have my Psych thingy scheduled for a week from tomorrow, and that will complete my insurance regulations for my revision surgery. The Cardiologist was today and he told me that I am extremely low risk for a cardiac event during surgery, so that's good.
- I won a Parx Casino Prize Pack from a radio station that includes $100 in free slot play, $100 in Horse racing vouchers, $200 in their signature restaurant, I got to name a horse race(I chose Georgie's Girl), and I get my photo taken with the winning jockey and horse... which leaves me with a moral dilemma of sorts since I don't support horse or dog racing... Why couldn't I have just won all the money for the slots? But it is a new experience.... and I usually embrace new experiences.
- We are also going down to Atlantic City overnight on Tuesday so I guess it's gonna be a Gamblin' kind of Week.... i got a comp night with Harrahs so I figured a night at Bally's on the Boardwalk at Park Place... Monopoly might bring me luck....Fingers Crossed!
- I am going to the pre-season Eagles vs. Jets game tomorrow night with my brother and his family.... Yes, That means my sweet nephews and niece will be there.... Yay! Go Eagles!
- I really love Dark Comedy.... My sense of humor is incredibly wide... and some of it is just Wrong.... I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia even though it makes our people look like complete morally corrupted imbeciles....I promise you we aren't, well most of us aren't. I saw Killer Joe(Matthew McConaughey) and it was violent, bloody, and just all kinds of wrong... I liked it more than a little bit. I loved that weird Dark Comedy with Cameron Diaz called The Last Supper where they invited all kinds of racist, bigoted, sexist republican types over for a dinner party and killed them... Hysterical! And Heathers with Christian Slater and Wynona Ryder was one of my favorites. I adore The Family Guy show too.... PYP Funny!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Yum! It was flavorful and had a slight kick. i loved the Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes so much too. It is definitely going to be thrown into my routine again sometime....
Ranchero Braised Beef
|Total Fat (g)||4||7 %||Cholesterol (mg)||30||10 %|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2||0||Sodium (mg)||540||22 %|
|Trans Fat (g)||0||Potassium (mg)||800||23 %|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||2||Total Carbohydrate (g)||34||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)||1||Dietary Fiber (g)||3||11 %|
|Protein (g)||17||Sugars (g)||23|
|Diet Exchanges 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less Than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less Than||20g||25g|
|Vegetable Servings** 2|
|**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.|
|Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ *** 6|
|***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus™ calculated by Nestlé.|
Ingredients:SWEET POTATOES, SEASONED COOKED PRIME RIB BEEF STEAK AND MODIFIED CORN STARCH PRODUCT CARAMEL COLOR ADDED (BEEF, BEEF BROTH, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, DEXTROSE, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVOR), WATER, SKIM MILK, TOMATO PUREE (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), GREEN CHILES (WITH CITRIC ACID, SALT, CALCIUM CHLORIDE), SUGAR, ONIONS, 2% OR LESS OF BROWN SUGAR, BROWN SUGAR SYRUP, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, SPICES, SEA SALT, ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE, JALAPENO PUREE (JALAPENO PEPPERS, VINEGAR, SALT), POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, PAPRIKA, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED ONIONS, VANILLA FLAVOR AND INVERT SUGAR, CARRAGEENAN WITH DEXTROSE.
Monday, August 27, 2012
- My Fiery Red Hair with the Passion to match.
- My Quick Wit
- That I was an Incredible Hands On... SuperAunt.
- My Amazing Lifetime Love Affair with My George
- I was Well-traveled and Cruised the World.
- That I lost 300 pounds and was on Ellen to tell her about it... LOL
- Philly Girl... Heart and Soul
- Winning millions in the Lottery... Fingers Crossed.
- I have a Smile that lights up the Room... My eyes sparkle and even though my teeth aren't perfect... I have a Beautiful Smile.
- Gives Random Compliments to brighten people's days....
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
I never read the book but I think the concept is interesting.... Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. I think a healthy, loving marriage needs all of these... And my marriage is chock full of them.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
- I Love my fingers... They are long and lean and look like they belong on a skinny bitch, so the rest of me has to catch up.
- I love my eyes... They smolder, seduce, and sparkle when I laugh... Which is often. They are dark brown, with flecks of gold and green. I have bedroom eyes, and I know how to use them...LOL
- I kinda like my butt.... It is huge, but the shape is nice. It is pretty firm too. It is probably gonna end up all saggy and weird... but it's a apple-bottom now.
- I like my boobs... They are big and not too saggy, but they do cause back pain.. I was hoping to lose a little bit in my chest and haven't yet.... I may have them reduced a little when I get close to goal.
- I promised myself that I would pick 5 things... but I am reaching on this one. My George told me that I have sexy earlobes once, I thought they were saggy and old manish. So I am gonna say I love my ear lobes, because if they are cute enough to get a random compliment from my Man.... Then they are Cute Enough!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Monday, August 20, 2012
Saturday, August 18, 2012
- I would love to have dinner with my Dad again... I miss him so much.
- I would love to dine with Bill Clinton, He is my favorite president, and he's extremely witty.
- I would love to eat with Gene Simmons and family, I admire his great business mind, He's a great conversationalist and he can still rock out.
- I would love for Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien to cook for me... or Paula Dean, talk about opposites.
- Who wouldn't wanna be a fly on the wall at the last supper with Jesus?
- I love to grub out at the diner with my mom and her boyfriend.
- I enjoy dinner with my brother, and his wife and kids....I always end up covered in boogers, spit-up, & food, but my heart almost bursts with love.
- I will like to take my Sister to lunch one last time.
- I would love to help my MomMom to make strudel one last time...
- I would love to eat the crispy skin off the Thanksgiving turkey my Grandmom was making one more time...(Do you still wonder why I'm fat?)
- I wouldn't mind breaking bread with Walt Disney....
- I would enjoy eating out of Alexander Skarsgard hand, well as character Eric Northman...
- I would like to chew and chat with Brangelina, I really love Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt is still good eye candy.
- i would love to chow down with the cast of Steel Magnolias, my favorite movie... Dolly Parton, Sally Fields, Shirley Macclaine, Olympia Dukakis, Julia Roberts, and Darrah Hannah. ****Lets be honest... This list could go on forever, since Eating is one of my favorite things, and I am a social butterfly. I love desserts but I would probably be too nervous and distracted to eat with anyone on that list.
Friday, August 17, 2012
****I figured that I should finish this somewhat depressing post by saying... I love my family. They are quirky and weird... so I fit right in. My mom is living with her High School Sweetheart giving them a second chance at a live that my incredible Dad broke with his entrance. She had the love of a lifetime, but who says she has to live the rest of her life lonely and in mourning. Plus I am not smothered anymore, I love spending time with her and don't dread it out of obligation. I spend tons of time with my brother, his amazing wife(My Newest Sister) and their fabulous kids. We put the FUN in DisFUNctional. Life is Good, and getting Better.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
- I am going to see Kelly Clarkson and The Fray tonight... I am excited. I love The Fray and Kelly Clarkson is a huge bonus.
- I am having my LapBand removed Monday, I am nervous but hopeful, since this is the beginning of the end.
- The scale has been up and down lately, I am not worried about it right now....
- I saw Sparkle, last night... It was good. I loved The Odd Life of Timothy Green, It was such a heartfelt story and I cried and laughed.
- I really need to get to the gym... busy days.
- I am seeing Train on Saturday night... They are my favorite and a big wig from the Arena arranged for me to have a meet and greet... I am getting to meet them, Pat Monahan and all... I am over the moon excited about this...
- I miss my nephews and nieces... I need to see them before my surgery monday...
- I love Turkey Bacon, and it seems that I could eat breakfast for all meals... since I am on a cereal kick these days too. Eggbeaters has a new flavor, it's 3 cheese and I love it. I also love Southwest style... Yum!
- I have been down lately, I think I might be starting to mourn my LapBand in advance... So I am hoping all these distractions will Distract me.
- I am still not sure about Overeaters Anonymous... but I have met a woman there who i can definitely relate too...and her name is Maria too... I am not very Anonymous, am I ?
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
- I tried Pepsi Next... It's good, and 60% less sugar and much less calories. I like it. I hardly ever drink soda and I know we aren't supposed to but I do like a sip here and there. And I am a Pepsi Girl.
- I am having my LapBand removed in 4 days, Monday to be exact...I am excited to be taking a step on this new journey of mine. But I am freaked out to be going under the knife again. I do look forward to leaving the sickness(PB and occasional vomiting), acid reflux, and Stuck incidents behind though... and It should only be a few months before I have my Gastric Bypass.
- I am doing alot of research to be very prepared for the changes I can expect with Gastric Bypass, and I am following some new blogs that are about Gastric Bypasses ups and downs. If anyone has a good one to suggest... please comment and let me know what i am missing.
- Many things won't change so I am thrilled to have you guys' support, recipes, and to continue to learn from your success... We are all on the same journeys, but we all don't take the same transportation to get there... We can all do this Together!
- I have been on a cereal obsession lately, I eat it a couple times a week. It is pretty healthy stuff but I still feel like I'm being naughty. I am amazed that a "SERVING" is enough to satisfy me.
- I am really gonna miss being able to swim, since after surgery I have to stay out of chlorine for a month... and I am having 2 surgeries, a couple months apart.
- Scrapbooking... I love it, but it is not a cheap hobby so I have taken a bit of a break while money is tight round these parts. I have made scrapbooks of many trips we've been on and family events. I have even made some gift scrapbooks for my Niece and Sister-in-Law.
- Photography... Actually alot of my hobbies go hand-in-hand, you take photos on vacation or of your family, and then you scrapbook those photos. i love taking photos of my nieces and nephews and pride myself on being a great candid child photographer and I got my husband is really into nature photography, he loves taking photos of animals in the wild and beautiful landscapes now.
- Movie Screenings... We see alot of movies in the theater, most of them. And we go to see them ahead of time in Advanced Screenings. Tonight I saw Sparkle, and I also saw The Odd Life of Timothy Green & Hit and Run this week. We know all the regulars and the critics and it is like a social event... We all love movies, so it is like being in a exclusive club.
- Travel... I love to see the World, and experience other cultures. We have been around a lot but we look forward to seeing much more... I especially love to Cruise, it is the most relaxing vacation you could ask for.
- Collecting Autographs...I have been collecting autographs for the last 20 years, and even though I am not into it as much lately, I have a huge amazing collection. Some Celebrities i have met and some I have written to over the years. Once I got into scrapbooking, I lost interest in this hobby but I still love to look at my books. I have Frank Sinatra, Barbara Streisand, Bette Midler, Arnold Schwarznegger, Liam Neeson, Robert Deniro, Jack Lemmon, Clint Eastwood, and many more....I got to meet alot of celebs too... When I was younger, I met Mario Lopez, John Stamos, Pamela Anderson, The Cast of Big Bang Theory, The Cast of That 70's Show, And a ton more. It was a fun lifestyle that My Groupie George got me into....
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Monday, August 13, 2012
Sunday, August 12, 2012
- I was teased because of my red hair and I hated the color of my hair because of it. They called me Carrot top, Cherry head, and the worst which was Red-haired Orangutan. It seems silly now, but then it was soul crushing. Thank God, I wasn't fat yet....BTW, I love being a redhead... These days.
- We were poor, but we always had a lot of fun. We played kick the can & hide and seek outside... And when it rained we went out in the back alley in our swimsuits and ran under the gutters and rain spouts. Probably not the smartest or most healthy thing to do but we were never sick. We enjoyed every little thing then... It was a simpler life.
- I went to DisneyWorld for the first time when I was around 12, it was a magical experience... and I have been a Disney Buff ever since.... Even worked there for 5 years, and my George still works there. I remember riding Space Mountain with my whole family, and how my Mom and Dad were annoyed after getting off the ride... I might not have told them it was a roller coaster.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Friday, August 10, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
- It's not really an accomplishment but I have been brave enough to admit that i need help not once but twice... i lost 127 pounds with my lapband and I admitted that I needed help to get the rest of the way to goal, so I am revising to Gastric Bypass. This is a journey full of accomplishments... and I can't wait to see what's next.
- I've never asked a man out until I met my husband, I always let them approach me and dated men who were cute but not keepers. My George approached me and chatted me up but he was too shy to close the deal and ask for my number, so I pushed him by saying goodbye and it was nice to meet you... thinking he would follow through. Big Fat Backfire on that... As I was walking away, I started beating myself up... I knew he was special, and though he could be the one. I saw him walking across the mall to a record shop when I was filled with regret... So I stalked him, acting like I just coincidentally went there to shop, and he saw me and asked for my number.... So I accomplished, getting the man of my dreams in 100 easy steps.
- Making my family proud.... At one time or another I have made my family proud by standing my ground, making a stand or helping someone in need... My family is very hard to get approval from so I declare this an accomplishment.
- Traveling... I am not done on my travel quest but I have seen 23 states I think, including Alaska and Hawaii. And 13 countries, mostly in the Caribbean, Cruise Countries you might call them, but I dream of going farther one day. It is not an impressive list but for someone with my previous mobility issues... It is pretty impressive.
- My last accomplishment is a work in progress.... I am beating my food addiction into remission, it will never be cured but I am hoping to have it more under control every day.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Sunday, August 5, 2012
- My George~ He talks me into all kind of things that we really can't afford, and he is irresistible, plus I wanna see and do things too but I am the logical one in the relationship, i wish I didn't have to always have that role. I used to be a dreamer, but 2 dreamers in an adult relationship is bad news. But since I love making him happy, and my dreamer side fights me when I say NO. I end up at all kinds of concerts, sporting events, and even a much needed cruise this December. I love every minute of it, but Savings is a foreign word to us.
- Sugar~I am Sugar's Bitch... It gets me, even when I do everything to block it out of my life completely. It sneaks in.... somehow. It will be my greatest accomplishment to make Sugar my bitch. I will be in control of it... someday.
- My Weight~ It makes me weak, physically and mentally. It beats me down whenever I try anything new or overly active... I struggle through it and then the next day I can't even get out of bed. It will not always be this way, but it is unbearable sometimes that I have lost 127 pounds and I am still this heavy. That is why I am having the revision, I don't mind the slow weight loss, As long as there is there is weight loss... This year long plateau is too long.
- Laziness~I like to relax... alot. I like to watch TV, and sleep late.... I miss out on too much because of it. I have an almost stress-free existence, but I don't get much done and I procrastinate constantly.
- I'm Delusional~ I don't care for reality much, I like to pretend that everything will be ok, and when it's not....I am shocked. Even though, All the signs were there.
Describe 5 strengths you have....
- Compassionate~ I truly feel for others, and I will fight their fight with them. I will be there voice, when they are mute. I will hold their hand when they need support... I will be there shoulder to cry on... and most of the time, I will cry with them. Some people would consider this a weakness, but it is God's strength at work through me.
- Cherishing the Little Things~ I stop and smell the roses, I love to people watch, I smile and laugh constantly, I gaze into the eyes of my loved ones, I can never collect enough smiles or laughs from others... especially my nieces and nephews, Every memory is valuable to me, I scrapbook random minutes of my life, I enjoy... every moment life offers me.
- Math Mind~ I can do math really quickly in my head.... Bistro Math, Discount math, I am a whiz kid of sorts.
- Sense of Humor~ I can look at anything in a humorous way, I laugh at anything life sends my way, I do think laughter is the best medicine, I have a quick wit and I love to make people laugh, I really believe that all the world's a stage and we are all under-rehearsed...
- I am a Survivor~ I will get through this Weight Loss Journey too, Just like I got through the attempted date rape when I was 13, which started me on the weight gain journey, Just like I got through the sudden death of my little sister, and the quick death of my father... I come from a long like of survivors. My Dad and his family were imprisoned in Displaced Persons Camp during the war in Germany... His father was in a work camp, And they found each other again, after the war... the survived things we couldn't even imagine.