- Movies.... I love them, I can escape into them... and I celebrate life through them. They teach me compassion, make me more romantic, give me ideas about places I want to see... things I want to do, and help me deal with whatever life throws my way...
- Music.... I come from a very musical family, From Professional musicians to band agents to Glee clubbers. I love all kinds of music... and It soothes my soul. I can use it to work through my emotions, and find my happy place.
- My George... My Soulmate is the sun, moon, and stars to me. He brings out the best in me and I do the same for him. He and I are molded perfectly to each other, and the fire keeps burning after 21 years. I am passionately in love with my Husband.
- Travel... Seeing the World and experiencing all the different cultures. I love meeting people from different countries, and learning different languages, Tasting unique ethnic foods, and cruising, It makes me appreciate where I am from and where I am going...
- Family... I adore my family, and I will passionately defend them and care for them. My nieces and Nephews light up my life, and although drama has a leading role in my family... I love them all passionately.
- Baseball.... Actually all Philly sports, but especially my Phillies. It is an emotional roller coaster ride being a Philly Sports Fan but I love all the ups, and cherish all the downs. We are the Passion that is... Philly. And Yes, I know that is 6 passions not 5, but I told you I was a very passionate person, didn't I ?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
What are 5 passions you have?
I am a passionate person and I come from a very passionate family... and I come from an incredibly passionate city... Here we go.
Monday, July 30, 2012
What is your dream job, and why?
Dream Job.... Seems like an oxy moron to me, since No Job is pretty dreamy to me. You know those people who say "I would go crazy if I was home all day".... I am not one of them. I would love to have time to watch more TV, and play on the internet more, I enjoy my leisure time.... and I never run out of things to do, all I ever run out of is... Time.
Is being independently wealthy a job?
Sunday, July 29, 2012
What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
This is a difficult one to answer... I was a wreck when my Dad got sick, he was always so strong and powerful, so seeing cancer chip away at the man I knew was the most difficult thing I ever did... When he died, there wasn't much of him left, he was basically comatose, yellow from liver failure, and wasn't living any quality of life... so His death was not as difficult as the dying part. Missing him is also a struggle daily... even after 9 years, Once a Daddy's Girl, Always a Daddy's Girl!
What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- The first one is easy..... My nieces and nephews, They are adorably cute, multi-talented, and are absolutely crazy about me! I see them at least once a week and I love every minute of it. All the joys of having children without any of the responsibilities or commitments. I highly recommend the role of SuperAunt!
- Traveling.... Seeing the World and experiencing it's culture and history, is amazing! I have seen some of the wonders of the world, but there's so much more to see.
- My George....His sparking blue eyes that smile when he looks at me still after 21 years, he melts my heart still, and makes me weak in the knees... Butterflies, I tell you!
- Movies.... They are my escape, and I love them all... Comedies, Action, Drama, Romance, Horror, SciFi... I am a Movie Buff, Hear me Bore!
- My Family.... There are ups and downs, but It is a feeling of contentment that nothing else can give you, knowing where you come from and loving yourself in others!
Friday, July 27, 2012
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- Lay off the carbs.... you'll thank me for it later.
- Learn to speak Spanish, it will be very valuable.
- Look up George Yocom, He will make you life sparkle.... someday. Might as well be sooner, rather than later.
- All that teasing and aquanet could damage your hair...
- Your body is Bangin'.... You are not even close to fat, but check out #1, again to stay that way!
- Travel.... You have no responsibilities right now, and your part-time jobs money could let you see the world.
- Stay away from "What's his name", The Bad Boy....actually hang in there... He will make you appreciate getting your Geek on, eventually.
- College is very important, but you need to follow your dreams... no matter how many people tell you it's a dumb idea, or that you won't make enough money, You can't buy happiness.
- Use Sunblock, Or your freckles will multiply and blend together to make a semi-tan, Melanoma is not fun like Melodrama.
- It is NOT the end of the World, and believe me when I say.... It could get worse.
Describe your relationship with your parents....
Well, This one is a tough one. I could give the easy answer... I love both my parents so much. But things aren't ever that easy are they? I was a Daddy's girl... He was the sun, moon and stars to me. I am so proud that he was my father, and happy that I had him as long as I did.... but it wasn't long enough. He died of Pancreatic Cancer 9 years ago. I was almost 34 years old. By the time his life ended, He had watched me at my graduation, Met the love of my life, Walked me down the aisle, danced with me at my wedding.... He was a wonderful son, brother, husband, father, Grandfather. He was my mother's rock.... He was everyone's rock.
My Mom and I were like best friends, inseparable....even though I always felt like I was never good enough for her, and even my sweet George wasn't ever good enough. She makes me a people pleaser....trying constantly to be the perfect daughter and sometimes succeeding although usually failing miserably. When my Dad died, I lost my buffer and for a long time... my relationship with my mother was touch and go. She lived with us for 5 years and made my life a living hell. She took over my house like it was her own and I hid in my room, and kept gaining weight. I was depressed and felt hopeless because I thought she would never be able to afford to go out on her own again.
Well, at the end of 2010... My husband George gave me the best christmas gift ever.... He told me that my wish was coming true and we can move back home. I didn't know how to break that to my Mom but I was so excited, I had been begging him for 2 years... I was homesick. I missed my family, and it kept growing even though I wasn't here to see it.... So I told my Mom gently, after looking up some information about low income housing for seniors on the internet... And she found an adorable place in Trenton, New Jersey and she is living with the man she went to both proms with in high school... Her first love, that she sorta dumped for my Dad but they are happy and she has the companionship she needed, and I have the Space, I needed. Our Relationship is better, I would even call it a friendship again. We double date.... and all.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
- Fear of losing the people I love... I lost my father to Pancreatic Cancer in 2003, and I was devastated, since I am a Daddy's Girl...and it was 46 days from diagnosis to death. My little sister died in her sleep suddenly in 2005, leaving a huge hole in our family... I watched my mom struggle with my Dad and sister's deaths, and I tried to imagine losing my George.... It is too much to bear... Hence, the very valid fear #1....
- Fear of gaining back the weight that I worked so hard to lose.... I failed long term on every diet I ever tried, no matter how successful I was while on it... once I get off it, I gain it all back and then some. I plateaued with my Lapband for over a year now, and now I am gaining... slowly but surely before I get my revision surgery. I didn't want to have to RELOSE... again! The Gastric Bypass is my last chance.... I can not fail! Hence, Very valid Fear #2...
- Fear of my addiction being stronger than me... I am addicted to food, but I have an addictive personality. The addiction wins some days but most days, I win. I am very fearful that that scenario will be reversed... and I will lose most days. Or trade this one addiction for another. I thought that this fear is different from the gaining the weight back one, since the addiction has nothing to do with my weight, except that eating the food in excess makes me gain weight, but I have to give into the addiction in order for that to be the case... The struggle is painful and even torturous whether I give in or not. Hence, my very valid Fear #3.
Here I go! Twenty Things... Random and all.
- I was named Maria, after the lead role in The Sound Of Music... but my MomMom always thought I was named after her, but it was just good luck that her name was Maria, because my Mom decided her daughter will be named Maria years before meeting my Dad... LOL
- I am a redhead, and I love being a redhead but I was teased alot for the color of my hair when I was a child... so I was not a huge fan of my hair color back then.
- I took piano lessons for years but I can't hardly play chopsticks...
- I spoke fluent German for years to speak to my MomMom but after she died I stopped speaking it and now I can't hardly remember any words.
- I had a lapband installed in March of 2010... I have lost over 120 pounds thanx to my band...
- I am currently preparing for Gastric Bypass surgery, which will help me get the rest of the way to Goal....
- I met my husband George, who is the love of my life, in a mall shopping at Christmastime, over 20 years ago.... He is the sun, moon, and stars of my universe.
- I went to middle school and high school with TV's Tina Fey, and we were in Summer Stage together... I am very Dramatic! A Drama Queen some may say...
- I love to cruise... and we have been on 6 cruises but I would love to do more!
- I had been to both Alaska and Hawaii.... and I have seen all of the West Coast, a little at a time.
- We love to travel... and can't wait to see the rest of the World..
- My highest weight was 475 pounds.... and I cried for an hour when I saw that on the scale.
- I am a big Movie Buff, and my George and I go to Advanced Screenings of movies several nights a week... It is a lifestyle, you could say.
- I worked for Walt Disney World for 5 years, and my husband has worked for them for the last 9 years.... He is seasonal now and we drive down(1000 miles) 2 or 3 times a year for him to put in his hours... and I play at the parks while he works, visit and hang out with friends, and go to my lapband support group that I really miss since moving back home. It is fun! I should tell you he's a server who works for tips in a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom or you'll think we waste more money on gas than he could make...LOL
- I am Team Edward! but I think I am fascinated with all Vampire characters... my favorites are Eric Northman and Jessica Hamby.... I love Redheads(True Blood), David(Keifer Sutherland in The Lost Boys), All of the Cullens in Twlight, & The Salvatore Brothers in Vampire Diaries(Especially Damon).
- Scrapbooking is my main hobby but I also collect autographs.
- We never wanted kids of our own, but my nieces and nephews light up my life.... And I am a SuperAunt!
- I watch too much TV.... but who doesn't love TV, right? I watch like 50 different shows.
- I love to sing.... in the shower... in the car... in your ear!
- I am a first generation American, My Dad moved here from Germany when he was 22.
Day one is done.... 29 more to go!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
I found a blogger named Heather through a blogger named Heather... 2 great Heathers! Anyway, She is challenging us to do this 30 posts in 30 days thing... So Here it is.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Well, Not Anonymous anymore...
- I went to my first OA meeting today and I feel pretty good about how it went....
- I met some people who I can really relate to, I heard my story in their story....
- I am actively working on my head, since healing that could heal my body permanently.
- I am revising to Gastric Bypass and even though I was successful with my lapband, I could have been more successful with more control of my head hunger....
- I have been aware that I needed more help with the Psychological part of food addiction for a long time... I go to support group, hang with my BOOBs whenever possible, search out kindred spirits wherever I go, see my therapist as often as needed, etc.
- Now I am adding OA to that... one of my close friends told me that she tried OA and it wasn't for her, Too Much God.... I won't say who because her lack of faith doesn't define her, but I believe we all need a little more God in our lives, we are too weak to do this alone. I am too weak to do this alone.
- I have alot of tools to beat this Obesity thing... I am armed. I have 20+ years of successful dieting, I have 2+ years with a lapband teaching me proper portion control, I have Meditations from Geneen Roth's and other books, I have awareness of what are my triggers, I have strong nutritional knowledge from years of research and bossy nutritionists, and I am about to have another surgery to help me in these final battles to win this war... I might as well arm myself with God too. He turned water into wine, maybe he can turn cupcakes and ice cream into broccoli and greek yogurt.... Fingers Crossed!
Thursday, July 19, 2012
Here we go....
- Why is Green Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream better than White Mint Chocolate Chip? It's mintier... Also, Why am I eating Ice cream while on a Weight Loss Journey? Damn, you're noisy... Mind your beeswax! Before I eat that too...
- Why are we all so crazy about a man who spanks his wife to keep her in line? When for centuries we have been fighting to become more independent and be considered equal... Damn that Christian Grey!
- Why does Chick Fila's food have to be so delicious? Those Bible beaters are killing me with their dumbass hate, but their food is like crack! It seems Hate tastes Great, It is not Bitter... but bittersweet.... I will not go to Chick Fila, I will not go to Chick Fila, I will not go to Chick fila... I will still go to Chick Fila, It seems Food Addiction is stronger than Hate! But I will give them dirty looks and try to pass off Canadian coins there....
- I finished my insurance required weight management visits last Monday and even though I have some more testing to do, I should be scheduled for both surgeries next week, The lapband removal with be soon, and then 6 weeks of recovery before they do my gastric bypass. It's been frustrating, but I am getting there....
- I loved Dark Knight Rises, we saw the screening for it last night and it was Bad Ass... I think I am growing into a full fledged Geekette.... from a Geek by Marriage. I am loving the Super Heroes movies these days!
- My Brother and his family are on vacation in Ocean City, Maryland and I am missing them like crazy... They should be home Saturday, and although I know they're enjoying themselves... I can't wait to give them hugs and kisses!
- I wear my FitBit ultra every day and even though I am not at a fitness level to keep up with 10000 steps a day, I will get there.... as of now I get between 6000-8000 most days, and I went over 10000 on 4 days, one of which was 14200. So it is challenging me to walk more and climb more steps... which will keep me more active after my surgeries. I got told yesterday that I will be unable to swim after the surgeries for a while because I can't get chlorine near the incisions. Since Water aerobics and other water based activities are my main workouts.... I have to figure out other ways to keep active for a while.
- BTW, Since my unfill.... I have zero restriction, so It is preparing me for having no band... for the 6 weeks between surgeries. And 2 weeks of that should be my pre-op diet so... Only 4 weeks of crazy hunger and 1 of those weeks will be severe recovery from the lapband removal so I doubt I will be hungry. We'll see!
- I am reading Fifty Shades Freed, which is the 3rd book of the Fifty Shades of Grey series, just in case you've been living under a rock... It is very good, like so good that I am rushing this blog post to get back to it.
- I want to send all my good juju to all my blog followers and friends who are having issues with their bands... or whatever. It has been a tough year for bandsters.... Fingers crossed that by luck, hope, intervention, revision, mojo rising, or some magic beans that we will find our inner selves.... Eventually! Good Luck!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Well, Well, Well.... I need to catch you up.
- I love my FitBit, it is challenging me to walk more and further, to climb steps instead of using elevators, and be more active overall. It is wonderful! I just wish it was waterproof.
- Jen's visit went great, We hung out, shopped the Goodwills, went to the Shore(Jersey Shore, for you who aren't tri-staters), rode the ducks, saw the Liberty Bell, hit the casino, and hung/Swam with Beth...We had a great time!
- My George and I had a great time down the Shore when we went for our romantic B&B getaway too. It is nice to spend some time just being us...
- Tomorrow is my Niece/Cousin's birthday party(If you are wondering how she's both my niece and my cousin, she's not... She is my cousin but since I am like 38 years older than her... She calls me Aunt. I look forward to seeing my family but hope there's less drama than July 4th's traumatic events..
- My Nephews Chase and Blake and my niece Avery are going away for a week with their parents at Ocean City Maryland, and I am really going to miss them. I wish I had gotten to see them today....
- I have my last Weight Management Visit with my surgeon's office on Monday, that is if they've fixed the mistake marking my first WM visit as something else...
- I saw Coldplay in concert again on July 5th, as always they were awesome! Their music is amazing! I love it! That being said... Next month we are seeing Kelly Clarkson and the Fray, and we are seeing Train... With a Meet and Greet. I love Train! And to meet Pat Monahan... Yay!