- I am finalizing my suitcase which is seriously overpacked... as usual.
- I have brought enough clothes for a week, and I am staying 4 nights in Chicago.
- I am afraid of being cold... so I have layers and layers...
- I am relieved that the regular baseball season is officially over and my team broke their record of wins in a season... and is headed into the playoffs in first place. GO PHILLIES!
- I am going to give and get about 100 hugs tomorrow, that's 2 per BOOB... so keep them coming.
- I will save another 100 hugs for the Friday arrivals and the celebration of the Friday arrivals.
- I am thinking of engaging in some shopping for exercise this weekend....
- I will be eating something decadent... or maybe 3 things... LOL
- I love my Roomies...Jen, Amey, and Julie.... and my adopted roomie Jessica who is taking me in when I am abandoned and alone.
- I plan on looking up Marilyn's skirt... and probably some others. Ponder that!
- I will miss my George, he's the Ying to my Yang.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it....
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Fact 1~ Chocolate is the nectar of the Gods...it's the nectar of the Gods, the food of the Gods and The Spawn of the Devil....
- Fact 2~ My Husband is a piece of meat, sexy Man Candy... and I find him Irresistible, and can't keep my hands off him...still after 2 decades.
- Fact 3~ Fall is colder than I remember...
- Fact 4~ I am over the moon excited that in a few short days... I'll be in Chicago with my Hanging Boobs, hanging with my beautiful BOOBS...
- Fact 5~I'm thrilled that the Phillies finally dumped their slump... and pray they sweep the Braves so they can beat their record of 101 wins.... Fingers Crossed.
- Fact 6~Have I mentioned that Chocolate makes everything better and worse at the same time?
- Fact 7~I love pretzels of all kinds but Soft Pretzels are delicious... even when they clog my band like a unruly hairball and cause me to lie to myself that I will never eat even a bite again....
- Fact 8~All of you who expect a fashion plate skinny bitch when I arrive in Chi-Town haven't been paying attention.... (I apologize to all you Fashion Plate Skinny Bitches, you know who you are, for taking your name in vain...Actually, you modest model type don't know you are any of the above so I take my apology back, I may need it when I put my foot deep into my mouth later...)
- Fact 9~All this weight loss has made me look more my age, I am starting to look 40ish so I think I need to make sure I'm doing all I can to get my beautiful skin back, eating low-fat hasn't been the most important thing to me but it seems to end up that way... which has made my skin dry and flaky, and I hate it. I am looking into new skin regiments and upping my dose of flax seed oil and fish oil. I hear that a tablespoon of olive oil can help too, but it sounded a little witchdoctory to me. Any suggestions?
- Fact 10~I am putting together a wardrobe for the weekend and I can see that I am between sizes... It is frumpy at best BUT It will revolve it around my favorite color.... Glitter.
- Fact 11~Is it just me, or do you notice our Bloggers dropping off the face of the blogosphere? I miss you guys... where are you?
- Fact 12~I just thought about how awesome chocolate covered pretzels are.... Chocolate makes everything better, even something as close to perfect as a pretzel.
- Fact 13~There are no words for how excited I am to see you... in a few days, Yes...I am talking to you... and if you're not able to go this year... I hope to meet you next year.
- Fact 14~I will be in Orlando, Florida in November from the 1st through the 18 or so... It is a working vacation for my George since he works for Disney still seasonally, but I will be able to play so let me know if you're gonna be around... I would love to see you.
- Fact 15~My nephews are so magical... they sometimes make me wonder why we didn't want to have kids of our own, and after a couple days "playing" with them in the active lifestyle of a mother's helper... I remember why. It's fulfilling, but exhausting. I love them so much, but I also love sleep, spontaneous sexcapades, traveling and cruising, and coming&Going as we please... Which does not make for a devoted mother. Too selfish a lifestyle, I guess! But it sure is fun!
- Fact 16~We will be celebrating our SWEET SIXTEEN wedding anniversary in a few weeks, although we have been kissed. I am not sure what we are doing to celebrate since my George works that night, but I'm sure we'll find something romantic to do. Maybe some of those Spontaneous Sexcapades I spoke of earlier, although speaking of it now, sorta takes some of the Spontaneity out of it...
- Fact 17~I will be in the Disneyland/LA area in December from the 1st through the 9th, if anyone lives around there and wants to get together email me and let me know... I would love to see/meet some of you west coasters. You can also meet my George... off the blog post into reality.
- Fact 18~ I really thought I would have more facts but I am mentality and physically drained.... but one last Fact, I am a Philly Girl... I am crude, using the F-word is like an artform to me, We use it as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb, and sometimes even a proposition. We made up new F-words, so we wouldn't bore of the main one... Even when we say FUDGE, it sounds street. I am proud of where I am from. See, I just ended the sentence with a proposition because I live outside the rules... LOL. I am honest and I don't like Fake people who pretend to be someone they're not. I am Sarcastic... I love to laugh and make others laugh, which means I am told that I don't take anything serious, but that's not it, I think humor can get you through your darkest moments. I am perfectly imperfect, and I am a work in progress... I try to learn something new everyday and I am bored by know-it-alls. I am a food addict, whose stress and depression, cause binges... even with a lapband. This is alot of facts, I guess, but I will be myself around you... I want you to know me.
- Fact 19~The Fun begins in 4 days.... and we will never forget next weekend. I know that for sure, because I still remember Chicago... as seen through the eyes of a BOOB. My kind of Town, Chicago is... because of YOU.
- Fact 20~ I am still not losing weight... after Chicago, I am throwing down big time... I have been eating well and staying active but not exercising. My Metabolism sucks! and the Doctor thinks I should have a revision surgery since the band probably wasn't the best choice for me... at my incredibly high original BMI and since I was more of a grazer than a big eater. I really need to get off this plateau, there will definitely be more time for plateaus in the 200's.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
I am cold... already and since I moved back home to Philly, my Florida Jackets are just not cutting it. We are struggling with money right now so I was hoping that one of you skinny minis shrunk out of your winter coats... I would really appreciate it. I am short on winter clothes of all kinds... hint, hint! If you are going to Chicago and you can bring it with you, I would really appreciate it.*********** I should have mentioned... It has to be 2x or bigger to fit this curvy butt...
In Other news.... Our Phillies Clinched the National League East Championship last night and We were at the game to see it. They have won the National League East Championship...for 5 years in a row now. The Playoffs are coming soon and I can't wait to see how far they can go! I am so happy to be home... Go Phils!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
I have a new Reality show obsession.... Big Sexy. At first I was unsure, since I am really tired of these shows making Big Girls feel bad about themselves and/or mock them. It turns out, that the show shows 5 "Curvy" Girls of various sizes living in New York, like the Big Girls' version of Sex in the City. The Girls are sexy, confident and single... looking for men and acceptance in the "Overly Thin" fashion industry. There are 3 plus sized models, a makeup artist, a fashion designer, and a stylist. They are amazing... You should check it out!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Well, I've been realizing that Food is a nuisance to me. What I want to eat, Is not what I should eat, and what I need to eat, doesn't interest me. I am burned out. It has been almost 18 months and I hate thinking so much about what I can do to get off this plateau or what I should do to jumpstart a half dead metabolism. What I am doing... Isn't working. I usually eat right... but I am bored with all that gets me by and I get annoyed with not being able to afford to try the recipes that I think will awake my bored sleeping appetite. I still want sweets... anything made with sugar will do. Even Sugar-free stuff can engulf me in a binge. So I am staying away, which fills me with regret since my weight won't budge. Why am I staying away from all the treats, if I am not losing weight? I went to my new Lapband Doctor who was thrilled with my progress, but I told him... This progress is stalled. I had this same progress almost 6 months ago and something is wrong, besides the occasional giving in to sweets. He told me that at my high original BMI, I should have been encouraged to have the bypass or the sleeve. I explained that I originally went in for the Gastric Bypass because that's all I knew but when the Surgeon suggested the Lapband and I did some research, I thought since it is helpful with maintenance it would be great for me. The Sleeve was never mentioned because it wasn't that widely used here in the US almost 2 years ago. I really have been thinking that I should have trusted myself to have gastric bypass, but I thought I would fail and gain back the weight like alot of people do... and I may even do that with my lapband. Anyway, the Doctor is going to do some tests... basically, an Upper GI and some blood tests. And we'll take it from there. I am concerned that I get stuck on all kinds of things, except everything unhealthy. Twice last week, I felt stuck on a greek yogurt. I haven't had a fill in like a year.... why do I feel like I keep getting tighter instead of looser? Anyway, in summary... I workout and have severe pain in both knees, hips and back. So I just try to be more active and workout only in the water... which limits my gym options since this is the great White north and outdoor pools are closed half the year. I eat right most of the time but am struggling with Stuck incidents and boredom with my regular menu options. I have to watch my finances which keeps me from trying alot of different menu options at one time. And I wonder when I will get over my obsession with Sweets, or if I will ever get over it. I am concerned that this incredibly high weight is what my body likes since I spent most of my adult life around this weight. Should I be happy that I lost over 130 pounds and my health has done a complete turnaround? Because this weight is now wearing on me? I felt better for a long while and now I am feeling worn out and tired all the time... These and other random whinings will be answered on the next Episode of Stuck in the Middle with Food.
Monday, September 5, 2011
Delicious, really good! I use them when I eat tuna, or chicken salad. I also eat lunch meat on them. And I even had a turkey burger the other day on them. 90 calories, 7 grams of dietary fiber and 7 grams of protein. They have all different kinds but I always choose bread products with at least 5 grams of dietary fiber per serving. So There was only a couple that I tried. This one and the whole wheat with flax. They also have slider size. If you're missing bread, this may be a great swap for you.
5 Grain Flax
Excellent Source of ALA Omega 3
Excellent Source of Fiber
43% Less Net Carbs than sliced bread
INGREDIENTS: WATER, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN, OAT FIBER, GRAIN BLEND (CUT WHEAT, WHEAT BRAN, CUT RYE, CORN MEAL, BARLEY GRITS, BULGAR WHEAT, STEEL CUT OATS, OAT FLAKES, YELLOW CORN GRITS, BARLEY FLAKES, RYE CHOPS, HULLED MILLET, WHEAT FLAKES), FLAX SEED MEAL, SOYBEAN OIL, YEAST, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: MALTITOL, SUGAR, MOLASSES, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, BAKING SODA, WHEAT PROTEIN ISOLATE, FUMARIC ACID, PRESERVATIVES (POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM PROPIONATE), CELLULOSE GUM, GUAR GUM, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, SALT, L-CYSTEINE, CALCIUM PEROXIDE, ENZYMES. CONTAINS: WHEAT AND SOYBEANS. MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT ALSO PROCESSES PRODUCTS CONTAINING MILK AND CHEESE.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
- How did you pick your blog name? ....I came up with my blog name because I love American Pie and Michelle was always my favorite scene stealing character... the rest of the name is basically me playing a game show with my journey. I had 300 pounds to lose to get to my surgeon's goal. My goal is not that much but it sounds more dramatic when I say 1 vs 300 instead of 1 vs 225.
- When did you start Blogging? ... I started 6 weeks after I was banded, in May of 2010. I was following several blogs, that I had found on lapbandtalk.com. I had always wanted to journal and never could get started even though I have about a hundred blank journals sitting around my house. I am journaling for myself but I found myself journaling for you too, I mean, I learned more from youse than I did from all the seminars, doctors, and nurses along the way... maybe I had something to teach too.
- Theme of Blog? Really, I guess I would say it's a random mussings blog with a Lapband basic theme, Weight Loss Friendly and Unfriendly alike... I accept all followers, I am an equal opportunity blogger. I am willing to bore anyone who'll listen with the details and ramblings of my life.
- Did you go to BOOBS 2010? Hell Yeah, I did. I came, I saw, I walked, I sang, I laughed, I giggled, I met greatness... and made lifetime friends. I can't wait to redo it all in a few short weeks... I will miss my sweet Amy Sunshine though. XOXO
- When were you banded? March 23rd, 2010
- How much have you lost so far? I have lost about 127 pounds... and have gained and lost a few here and there over an unending these mast 6 months but I am getting some tests and a fill soon so I make sure my band is doing it's job.
- What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs? I look forward to meeting all you newbies and seeing all you oldbies... but most of all I look forward to hanging with my roomies.
- What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011? I can't wait to see how much easier I get around than last year, and I look forward to all the great activities that the committee and other BOOBS have lined up for us.
- Children? Pets? We didn't want children of our own but we have a furry son... Mr Q. And we love our Nephews and nieces like crazy!
- Who is your roomie? My Roomies are Jen(It IS all about Me!), Amey(Donut Butt), and Julie(Ms M)
- What day do you arrive? I arrive on Thursday... Yay!
- What airport/flight/time? Midway, around 12:30 noon... Weren't we supposed to keep the details to a minimum? Wanna know my blood type and political party too?
- What events are you signed up for? I am going to the Drag show thursday, The get-together and Second City on Friday, The Dinner on Saturday, and filling in some shopping in Chinatown, the Marilyn Monroe statue, and other sightseeing in between and all day sunday.... I am actually coming home on Monday.(Who else will still be there til monday?)
- Hobbies? Reading, Scrapbooking, Travelling, Movies, and our amazing Sports' Teams especially the Phillies.
- Career? I am a Lady of Leisure these days, I will probably have to go back to work eventually but for now, I am just concentrating on my health and weight loss, or lack there of...
- Single? Married? In a relationship? I am married to my best friend, the man of my dreams, my ideal mate, Soul Mate if you will... and I shall call his name, My George.
- Your birthday month? June... I am a Cancer on the Cusp of Gemini... and I am a good mix of both. Even though I am a Cancer, I am mostly Gemini in nature.
- What do you want other BOOBs to know about you? Ummmm, I am an open book, I think you pretty much know all there is to know about me. But, I am a Cafe World nut on Facebook... That's my replacement addiction for food, if I can't eat food, I can certainly make it virtually.