Friday, December 13, 2013
Monday, October 28, 2013
- I have been taking this long recovery one day at a time.... I try not to worry about the weight loss or lack off, but it is difficult to go through all of this and not hope for a silver lining.
- I am making an appt to see a Pulmonary specialist since my lung is not back to normal, It feels like it's bruised when I take a big breath, and I get short of breath even gasping for air.
- I have lost around 73 pounds since my surgery, which is a great start... but I know I could do better.
- I love how much time I get to spend with my George.... We see a lot of movie screenings, and concerts, and are planning a cruise for our next anniversary.
- I love Jen... My Sleeve Twin Sister. She has been incredibly supportive during this tough time, and so inspirational.
- My brother is mad at me and is keeping my little angels from me, I am starting to get mad at him too.
- My Mom got remarried on October 17th to a man she meet around 50 years ago, before she met and married my Dad. I am happy for her, when we lost my Dad 10 years ago.... She was damaged, and it felt like 1/2 of her died with him, but now with Charlie who has spent the last 5 decades loving her and filled with regret... She is content and loved. She has a companion and some pretty great sex... I should have warned you, she's a over sharer....lol. It is kinda cool that He was the first person she had sex with and may end up the last person she has sex with...lol
- My eating as been good but not great... I could do better... Since I am not really able to workout except for swimming, which is difficult to force in this cold, even if it is indoors. But I am working on it.
- I am still on the blood thinners and I am finally therapeutic... which means I only need blood tests once a month instead of once a week... Yippee!
- I feel pretty good about myself these days... I take a lot of extra vitamins to help strengthen my immunity since the missing spleen weakens it...like Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A... but the Vitamin A seems to make me break out like a teenager, which I didn't even do when I was a teenager...lol
Sunday, August 4, 2013
- I am still on the Blood Thinners... But so far, I haven't been at a therapeutic level since I left the hospital the last time. In order for the blood thinners to work, I have to be between 2-3 on my weekly blood tests, but I stay around 1.3
- I still struggle with my breathing when I exert myself... and it is different from the normal Morbidly Obese I'm out of breath breathing, It feels like my lung is still not working right.
- I don't know how much weight I have lost recently... but I feel like my clothes fit better and I love my sleeve.
- I am going to DisneyWorld this month with my brother and his family.... My sweet angels first trip to Disney. I am over the moon excited!
- Since I am on the blood thinners, I am not allowed to eat most green vegetables and anything else high in Vitamin K. It truly sucks... no salad, no broccoli and no soybeans, which are several of my staples.
- I love the Quest protein bars... They are amazing!
- I have been going to the movies... with my quest bar, and it has been great. I loved alot of the summer movies. Most of them even.
- I found white bean chips that I loved.... and now can't find them anywhere. I crave salty snacks these days. I also love the Dannon Oikos Dips. Delicious! I eat them with raw carrots and celery or snap pea crisps....I can't wait to try the Lentil crisps.
- I am amazed at how little I eat before being satisfied, but I get hungry after 2-3 hours.
- I am very excited about Disney!!! Seeing it through the eyes of my niece and nephews.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Friday, June 7, 2013
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Pickles, especially Mt. Olive Bread and Butter No Sugar Added
- Fish, Thank God, I still love my Tilapia.... It's my favorite.
- Salad, I sort of crave it sometimes. I love the Olive Garden Lite dressing that I got at Walmart... Tastes just like the original with alot less calories.
- Chicken, A staple in my diet... so I am glad I still love it.
- Ground turkey, I am thrilled to still enjoy it, And it is way versatile.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
As for weight loss.... I am down 37.5 pounds since pre-op. The doctor says it should be more but I am retaining alot of water in my right leg. I was happy with the weight loss, considering everything that has happened since my surgery.
Friday, April 26, 2013
Over the new week, I tried to recover... I had daily blood tests to check my white blood cell count, daily chest xrays( which they came to my room to do, Nice!), I got a blood clot in my left leg and they ultrasounded that right in my room too... I started feeling stronger everyday. But the Infectious Disease dept came to see me after testing cultures from my infection. They said that the infection was a rare strep bacteria which was resistant to the IV Anti-biotics. So they spoke to the CDC and started me on another Anti-biotic regiment which I am still on. They still may call me if these anti-biotics don't work on the cultures in the lab.
It can take 4-6 weeks for my left lung to complete bounce back and re-inflate.... so I am taking it easy and doing breathing exercises every hour. I do love my sleeve so far though! No Regrets!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
- I am fearful that my surgery will once again be cancelled and rescheduled.
- I am still annoyed since I was supposed to be recovering in the hospital today...
- I am struggling to get my head in the game.
- I am looking forward to getting into the recovery and rebuilding part of this journey...
- I really want to be prepared for my new life.... so if any sleevers have any tips... I would love to hear them.
- I plan on using the same routines... with some cuts here and there. Menu-wise.
- I tried the new Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts, they're not bad... I still like Dannon Oikos best but the Light and fit will help lower my calories here and there, since they're only 80 calories each. I love Greek Yogurt, I hope that doesn't change.
- I love fish, and if that doesn't change I will add in some more fish to my diet too.
- I am giving up red meat... except for rare occasions.
- I bought a food scale and plan on using it...this time.
- I plan on doing body measurements... I wish I had done them last time. but hindsight...
- I have placed rewards for my weight loss, which I haven't done before.]
- I will fix what I did wrong and hope to be more successful long term.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Sometimes, I feel like I don't want it enough... but I can't let those thought defeat me. I have to be stronger than the things that stalk me. I have to beat this before it beats me. 1000 calories a day doesn't leave room for alot of mistakes or binges... That's for sure. It will be easier for me with a 4 ounce stomach... if I can get through this pre-op, I will get to concentrate on getting well, and building my strength... and I will not be interested enough in eating at all to make mistakes in food choices.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
I did fine yesterday until last night... Luckily, I was smart enough to save calories... Since I have Night Eating Syndrome. I tried a new greek yogurt, Dannon Light & Fit Raspberry, they are only 80 calories so I thought they would help me keep to the less than 1000 calories a day... I thought this pre-op diet would be easier than the all liquid one I had to do before I had my lapband installed, but having more choices and options, is not a food addict's friend. By the way, I had my lapband installed on March 23rd, 2010 and my sleeve will be installed on March 18th, 2013... Just in time for what would have been my 3rd bandiversary. Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, I think the pre-op diet will get easier, once the sugar cravings are gone. Wish me luck! I think I should mention that luck was just spell corrected to lunch.... So wish me lunch! XOXO *M*
BTW... I have had my TOM since the beginning of this pre-op diet.... so I am thrilled that I haven't ended up in a vat of chocolate yet.... Fingers crossed!
Friday, February 15, 2013
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- I am Feeling.... Sore
- I am Feeling... Helpless
- I am Feeling... Depressed
- I am Feeling... Traumatized
- I am Feeling... Annoyed
- I am Feeling... Hurt
- I am Feeling... Beaten
- I am Feeling.... Fat
- I am Feeling... Sad
- I am Feeling... Alone
- I am Feeling... Hopeless
- I am Feeling....Confused
- I am Feeling... Incurable
- I am Feeling...Vulnerable
- I am Feeling... Incomplete