Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Thursday, February 23, 2012
- I have sexy bedroom eyes.... that sparkle when I laugh, which is often... Must be the Irish in me.
- I am very witty.... funny, and love to laugh and make people laugh.
- I am Smart, both street smart and book smart... I absorb like a sponge and love to learn new things...
- I have a great rack... even when I was almost thin I had big ones, and after losing almost 130 pounds, They haven't suffered much. Boobs are awesome!
- My smile lights up my face and most rooms.... I don't care that I have deep laugh lines, because I cherish each smile and laugh that created them.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
I so don't want to end up on Springer but my FIL was born to be on that show...When we got away from him, and took my MIL with us, how romantic? We were meeting my Mom and her Fiance for dinner and a movie anyway. So, the more the merrier.... I couldn't calm down, I didn't want my mom to know how he treats us so I wanted to get myself together before we arrived at the restaurant... and I did. But my Band.... not so much, The stress made it like a vice. It was awful and I spent most of the time in the restroom, even though I only ordered soup.
Well, We went to the Advanced screening of Titanic 3D which is released in April for the hundredth anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It was wonderful, There was a string quartet playing, we got swag bags with t-shirts and other souvenirs, free popcorn and soda(Not for me thanx)... The movie was amazing as expected and it felt great to cry about someone else's life story... LOL. With the addition of 3D, it was like you were right there on the ship... WOW!
Now, here we are today, I still feel stressed and worn out... We were out shopping for used cars and when we got home I made dinner and it got more stuck then ever before... I made Beef with Broccoli in my Wok... It tasted good but I think Beef/steak is a problem for me now and I didn't even attempt any rice. After a few bites, I gave the rest to my husband and slowly gagged for about 2 hours afterwards... coughing and spitting... You know the routine. It was awful. Hours later, I had some Greek yogurt with fiber one cereal in it and it went down fine. I also drank a protein shake to get some extra protein... Well, tomorrow's another day... and BTW, we got a used car today so I am more mobile and able to start going to the gym more often or at least go... sometimes...LOL.
As for my fill, I have an appointment next Wednesday with the Bariatric Surgeon so I could get a small unfill if necessary... But it was probably just the Stress... Fingers Crossed.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
It’s Friday and that means it’s time for BYOC! Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer 5 questions in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog if you wish and ENJOY!
1. Name a Valentine gift you would NOT want to receive.
Valentine's Day reminds us to show love, We shouldn't have to be reminded to show love... So it basically is a day for people dating to test the value of the relationship. Since I am a sucker for love, and I think It can't hurt to remind others who they love and why, It is harmless. As for me, Since me and my George never had kids we stayed in the lovey dovey stage... and we love to have excuses to show our love... We celebrate the day we met, the first time we ...(Which was a different day...LOL), the day we got married... So we are a little over the top.
2. What’s your vacation personality? Do you act/eat/talk/do things differently or completely opposite from when you are not on vacation?
I am the same on vacation, since I'm a lady o leisure regularly, but my eating habits are out of control.
3. Describe yourself in 5 POSITIVE words.
4. Do you have any phobias or irrational fears or dislikes?
Not Really, I am afraid of losing my loved ones, but other than that, I am fearless.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
I am eating well, but haven't gotten to the gym yet. I am liking my new fill but not sure I am at the sweet spot yet. It will be two weeks since my fill on Monday. It feels pretty good so far. Other than that, I have been going to alot of screenings and to see several movies. I am now sick and have to drag myself to Lancaster, PA(Amish Country) to see Air Supply tonight even though I am not feeling it. I am an Airhead by marriage, I have seen Air Supply like 15 times since I met my husband over 20 years ago, and he's seen them like 22 times... all together.
My Movie reviews for this week are....
The Vow~ It was a good story, and a true story... which makes it even better. It was sad and hard to watch at times, but worth seeing for any romance lover. Rachel McAdams was great, but It is weird that Channing Tatum has like 3 movies out at once though. If you don't go out alot to the movies, Wait for This means War... Much better.
One for the Money~This one disappoints big time, It is not funny and the action is weak. It seemed forced, the stars had no chemistry and the only redeeming moments were fueled by a chubby fiesty hooker played wonderfully by Sheri Shepherd.
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island~It was exciting, action-packed, funny, and of course there's the Rock. I loved the movie but the one flaw had to be the Rock's shirt was in every scene... Come on! Michael Caine was great, and so were the rest of the Cast... It was a great family movie.
Haywire~I hated this movie, it was slow boring, and made me wonder what could possibly have influenced them to make the movie at all. It was supposed to be an action flick, but without action or special effects... Terrible! So Far, this is the worse movie of the year... in my opinion.
The Descendants~I really wanted to love this movie, I mean, it's nominated for best picture and it's set in Hawaii, which is one of my favorite places in the world. It was slow, sad, and I struggled to care what happened by the end. There was little to no chemistry between the characters, and the story wasn't done justice. I definitely wished I had missed this one.
Big Miracle~ A Great story, I loved all the characters and it was fun journey. It is based on a true story... which is a plus. Drew Barrymore, John Krasinski, and the rest of the cast were wonderful. It was amazing to find yourself routing for the whales, and all the people who came to love them. Good Movie!
Monday, February 6, 2012
- Egypt(A Nile Cruise and to see the Pyramids)
- Germany(Where my Father was from)
- Paris(And DisneyLand Paris)
- Italy(All over)
- Hawaii(I would love to see Maui and Oahu again, & The Kona side of the Big Island)
- Machu Picchu
Saturday, February 4, 2012
- I am a non-working adult... It is difficult to meet new people when you aren't in someone's face each day in a work or school situation.
- I feel sorry for people, when people are needy, lonely, pathetic or sad... I want to be there for them, even if they are Toxic to me.
- I am an honest person... I don't lie, and don't assume people are lying or hiding things from me, but they do... all the time. They take advantage of your compassion and faith.
- I am the Funny Fat Girl... no one can be funny without an audience, right? If you laugh at everything I say, than I am less likely to notice the knife in my back.
- I am open-minded... but sometimes I think I need to draw the line somewhere.
- I like being around people, I find them fascinating.
- You live too far away, the best choices of friends are spread all over the country and not in the city of Brotherly Love.
- I am a Social Butterfly, I like to eat with others, shop with others, even workout with others.... I am not a loner.
- Who doesn't want to share their secrets with someone more shockable than your therapist?
- I like to Scrapbook... which is a very social hobby, it's not all work and creativity... it's mostly chatting, gabbing, and laughing.
- Support and Goodwill doesn't grow on trees... You need to search it out and cherish it. Blog, text, call, stop by, skype... Do what you need to to get it and keep it, and do what you need to to deserve it.
- I will tell you the full story behind this blog... once I get my head all around it. I cherish you and look forward to more of you popping up around me. I need more local BOOBS... I love Beth and Barb, but they have their Beaus and their high powered careers... but I will see more of them... this year.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
- The Woman in Black~ Typical spooky movie, great setting in the 1900's, i jumped out of my seats a few times, but not overly scary.... more on the creepy side. Daniel Radcliffe was very good in the role. It comes out this Friday and if you like that sort of thing it's worth seeing but it's pretty much been done before. Think Darkness Falls and a little bit of a Japanese horror edge to it like the Ring, or the Grudge.
- Chronicle~ Thriller with a touch of horror, 3 teenage boys get powers of the mind (Telekinesis).... It was fun but not a must see. It has an amateur filming technique as used in Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch Project, which is a little over-used these days. The special effects were great though. I enjoyed the movie, but I am easy on those type films. I loved all the Final Destination movies. Chronicle is also released this Friday, 02/03/2012
- This Means War~This fun Romantic Comedy is more than meets the eye. I actually saw it twice, I liked it so much last week that we took my MIL to see it again this week. And she loved it too. It has something for everyone, Action for the Men, Romance for the Girls, and Comedy for those who like to laugh.... and if you don't like to laugh, I don't want to know you... LOL. You are too serious! Loosen up. I loved Reese Whiterspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy are wonderful as her competing Beaus, and Chelsey Handler is amazing as her BFF. You really have to check it out, but it doesn't come out Til Valentine's Day so you have to wait about 2 weeks, but it's worth the wait. I'm gonna give it 2 Boobs Up!
- The Grey~A great Survival Dramatic Action Movie. I am a little Prejudice since I am a huge Liam Neeson Fan but it sure takes you on an emotional journey. The setting is Arctic Brutal Beauty... The Cast is great, especially Liam Neeson, and the ending keeps you guessing. It is a great film, but take some tissues, It is an emotional journey.... like I said. I saw this movie a month ago in a screening, and you could see it right now, If you're interested. It is not very uplifting though... but worth the trauma.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close~A wonderful story about a child coming to terms with his Grief after losing his father in the World Trade Center on 9/11. It is much more uplifting that expected but bring tissues, I cried about a million times... (BTW: I love to cry at movies, I feel like it is a release and an escape... I even cried during the Nutty Professor when Dave Chapelle was cutting his up for his size/Fat...i guess It hit too close to home for me). The boy in the movie Thomas Horn was absolutely amazing. He was worth seeing the movie for... just him alone. It is a tearjerker, consider yourself warned. I saw this movie weeks ago as well, but it is out in theaters now, and nominated for several Academy Awards.
I feel like I am overwhelming you with all these movies for one blog post... In band news, Monday's fill feels pretty good to me, I am not sure I know the full results yet... but I'll let you know as time goes by how I feel... Keep your fingers crossed that I hit my sweet spot this time...
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
- I guess I didn't really want one before now because even though I wasn't tight, I had restriction and a very valid fear of getting too tight, since I read all about that stuff on your blogs... and my band is so fickle, one day I am tight and the next day loose.
- Eventually, I just got too loose and I was hungry all the time so I got a fill. Well, It was the smallest fill I ever got (1cc) and also the most painful. I don't understand why?
- It was under Fluoro, and it's the first time I had a fill that way.... but still painful and weird.
- Since this Fluoro Fill, I have felt nausea since that day and have liquid diarrhea(Sorry: TMI) as a parting gift.
- Have any of you had these post-fill symptoms?
- Should I be worried? I have been drinking as much water as I can to keep from being dehydrated....
- I was on liquids only for a day.... and I should be on pureed or mushy proteins since yesterday until friday. I have been ok, with eating greek yogurt with fiber one cereal, chicken salad on on a 1/2 piece of rye bread, so I think I am alright with eating things... so far.
- I am still chasing that elusive sweet spot.... even after 22 months. Keep your fingers crossed that I poop solid soon and hit the sweet spot now?