- I am healed.... pretty much! Incisions look good, the largest one is so light... That I can hardly see it already, that's impressive!
- I loved Lawless... Tom Hardy is one of my new favorites, he was amazing in Lawless... Great in This Means War... and Fantastic in The Dark Knight Rises.
- I have my Psych thingy scheduled for a week from tomorrow, and that will complete my insurance regulations for my revision surgery. The Cardiologist was today and he told me that I am extremely low risk for a cardiac event during surgery, so that's good.
- I won a Parx Casino Prize Pack from a radio station that includes $100 in free slot play, $100 in Horse racing vouchers, $200 in their signature restaurant, I got to name a horse race(I chose Georgie's Girl), and I get my photo taken with the winning jockey and horse... which leaves me with a moral dilemma of sorts since I don't support horse or dog racing... Why couldn't I have just won all the money for the slots? But it is a new experience.... and I usually embrace new experiences.
- We are also going down to Atlantic City overnight on Tuesday so I guess it's gonna be a Gamblin' kind of Week.... i got a comp night with Harrahs so I figured a night at Bally's on the Boardwalk at Park Place... Monopoly might bring me luck....Fingers Crossed!
- I am going to the pre-season Eagles vs. Jets game tomorrow night with my brother and his family.... Yes, That means my sweet nephews and niece will be there.... Yay! Go Eagles!
- I really love Dark Comedy.... My sense of humor is incredibly wide... and some of it is just Wrong.... I love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia even though it makes our people look like complete morally corrupted imbeciles....I promise you we aren't, well most of us aren't. I saw Killer Joe(Matthew McConaughey) and it was violent, bloody, and just all kinds of wrong... I liked it more than a little bit. I loved that weird Dark Comedy with Cameron Diaz called The Last Supper where they invited all kinds of racist, bigoted, sexist republican types over for a dinner party and killed them... Hysterical! And Heathers with Christian Slater and Wynona Ryder was one of my favorites. I adore The Family Guy show too.... PYP Funny!
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
All the Other Kids with their Pumped up Kicks, You Better Run, Better Run, Faster than my Gun, All the Other Kids with their Pumped up Kicks, You better Run, better Run.... Faster than my BULLET.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Lean Cuisine – Ranchero Braised Beef
Yum! It was flavorful and had a slight kick. i loved the Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes so much too. It is definitely going to be thrown into my routine again sometime....
Yum! It was flavorful and had a slight kick. i loved the Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes so much too. It is definitely going to be thrown into my routine again sometime....
Ranchero Braised Beef
Serving Size: 1 (0.0 ounces)
Servings Per Package: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories From Fat 40
|Total Fat (g)||4||7 %||Cholesterol (mg)||30||10 %|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2||0||Sodium (mg)||540||22 %|
|Trans Fat (g)||0||Potassium (mg)||800||23 %|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||2||Total Carbohydrate (g)||34||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat (g)||1||Dietary Fiber (g)||3||11 %|
|Protein (g)||17||Sugars (g)||23|
|Diet Exchanges 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
|Total Fat||Less Than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less Than||20g||25g|
|Vegetable Servings** 2|
|**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.|
|Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ *** 6|
|***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus™ calculated by Nestlé.|
Nutritional information is subject to change. Please see label of product on store shelves for the most current information.
Ingredients:SWEET POTATOES, SEASONED COOKED PRIME RIB BEEF STEAK AND MODIFIED CORN STARCH PRODUCT CARAMEL COLOR ADDED (BEEF, BEEF BROTH, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, SALT, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, DEXTROSE, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVOR), WATER, SKIM MILK, TOMATO PUREE (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), GREEN CHILES (WITH CITRIC ACID, SALT, CALCIUM CHLORIDE), SUGAR, ONIONS, 2% OR LESS OF BROWN SUGAR, BROWN SUGAR SYRUP, SOYBEAN OIL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, SPICES, SEA SALT, ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE, JALAPENO PUREE (JALAPENO PEPPERS, VINEGAR, SALT), POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, PAPRIKA, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED ONIONS, VANILLA FLAVOR AND INVERT SUGAR, CARRAGEENAN WITH DEXTROSE.
Contains: MILK INGREDIENTS
Monday, August 27, 2012
List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for ....
- My Fiery Red Hair with the Passion to match.
- My Quick Wit
- That I was an Incredible Hands On... SuperAunt.
- My Amazing Lifetime Love Affair with My George
- I was Well-traveled and Cruised the World.
- That I lost 300 pounds and was on Ellen to tell her about it... LOL
- Philly Girl... Heart and Soul
- Winning millions in the Lottery... Fingers Crossed.
- I have a Smile that lights up the Room... My eyes sparkle and even though my teeth aren't perfect... I have a Beautiful Smile.
- Gives Random Compliments to brighten people's days....
Saturday, August 25, 2012
What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
Friday, August 24, 2012
I am still on the Mend.... I almost wrote Mead, which may have made this recovery easier... but I digress. I am sick and tired of liquids and even though I am more irritable than hungry... This sucks. I am bandless and drinking my meals like a lush. And I have no energy... at all. I am weak... which is because of the low calories level... which should lead to weight loss, but I am retaining fluids still so I am frustratingly seeing high numbers on the scale. Well, My follow up is next Wednesday, so hopefully I will lose a little in the next few days. It's not like I am drinking milkshakes and mudslides people! Soup(Mostly broth-based), protein shakes, Greek yogurt, sugar-free jello, and pudding.... Not even an ICEE at the movies. My Metabolism SUX! On with Day 28...
What is your love language?
I never read the book but I think the concept is interesting.... Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. I think a healthy, loving marriage needs all of these... And my marriage is chock full of them.
Words of Affirmation~ I truly believe that a compliment can change someone's whole outlook... Saying I Love You is important every day, and in different ways. You mean the world to me... I can't imagine a day without you... etc.
Quality Time~ We spend alot of time together but Quality time is different than sitting next to each other on the subway. Talking and listening... Letting the Outside world drop away.
Receiving Gifts~ Thinking of the other person... always. You don't have to buy gifts but the thoughtfulness of seeing something and thinking of your love, is invaluable. Love is a Gift... Giving it can be done over and over, not just once.
Acts of Service~ Helping each other with simple chores, can make your partnership stronger... in a We're in this together kind of way.
Physical Touch~ Sex is extremely important but touch is even more important. Holding Hands, caressing your back or shoulders, putting your fingers through my hand... is Loving.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
What is your favorite part of your body and why?
For someone who has tried to hide her body for most of her lifetime, this is a hard question. I love being a redhead, so I would say my hair but it feels like cheating to say that. I could write a list of things I hate about my body but that seems dangerously counterproductive. I do think that I can see my real body beneath all this fat. I have a pretty nice shape and hope to one day... see it without squinting. Here's the list....
- I Love my fingers... They are long and lean and look like they belong on a skinny bitch, so the rest of me has to catch up.
- I love my eyes... They smolder, seduce, and sparkle when I laugh... Which is often. They are dark brown, with flecks of gold and green. I have bedroom eyes, and I know how to use them...LOL
- I kinda like my butt.... It is huge, but the shape is nice. It is pretty firm too. It is probably gonna end up all saggy and weird... but it's a apple-bottom now.
- I like my boobs... They are big and not too saggy, but they do cause back pain.. I was hoping to lose a little bit in my chest and haven't yet.... I may have them reduced a little when I get close to goal.
- I promised myself that I would pick 5 things... but I am reaching on this one. My George told me that I have sexy earlobes once, I thought they were saggy and old manish. So I am gonna say I love my ear lobes, because if they are cute enough to get a random compliment from my Man.... Then they are Cute Enough!
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Well, You would think I hadn't been through this before... Why didn't I pick up Gas-X when I was at Walmart on the way home from the hospital yesterday? The Gas pains.... really suck. But other than being sore and tender, I feel okay. I am trying to keep as unsexy as possible... damn unconditional love, since my husband really missed me for those 1 1/2 days.... and i can't endure too much affection with these war wounds. He is all huggy and kissy... and I am all smuggy and pissy. Is a Fart or two too much to ask for?
What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Here I am with My George and Jimmy Strafford, Pat Monahan, and Scott Underwood from Train, one of my favorite bands. My George arranged for me to get to meet them when we went to see them in concert last Saturday night which was a great distraction for my surgery yesterday. It was an amazing concert, Andy Grammer and Matt Kearney opened up for Train. They were incredible as always. I even got a 8x10 photo autographed for my collection... And here it is!
I wanted to thank you all for all your prayers, well wishes, and happy thoughts.... You are wonderful friends and I am blessed to have you.
Well, My surgery went well... I stayed overnight in the hospital last night. My heartbeat was too low at one point and they did an EKG and continually monitored it. It was fine. I am still very sore in my stomach, I have 2 bigger incisions(2-3 inches) and 3 small incisions an inch or less. One of the small ones hurts more than the others, I am hoping it is not infected... I am keeping an eye on it. The spots where they had my IVs, Are all bruised and still hurt a lot... My right hand and my right wrist. They said my potassium was low(Actually in the Low normal range) so they gave me potassium in my IV and it burned like a bitch going in... When the regular IV ran out and only the Potassium was going in, It felt like they were cutting my arm off... So I was like a baby, crying and calling for any nurse to help me... Talk about embarrassing! Anyway, I am recuperating and My George is taking much better care of me than the nurses did so I am in a good place.
Monday, August 20, 2012
In a few hours, I won't be a bandster anymore... My band is being removed today as the first surgical step to my revision.... I have had alot of distractions~Concerts, movies, and the like but I have started mourning early. You see, My LapBand is a part of me now... And it has helped me combined with hard work and denial, to lose 133 pounds but it has done it's job and I am not done mine yet. I have a long way to go still. My relationship with this surgeon (who is world renown at University of Penn Hospital) is very serious about keeping me safe and complication free... so I am happy for that fact but this is the first time I am seeing him in a surgical light, and he will be doing the most involved surgery I ever had... So I am hoping I am completely comfortable with that after today... I feel a little nervous, and sad, but I will feel content afterwards to be on my way on my new journey. Please pray for me and my body's speedy recovery and a safe surgery with no complications.... And if you don't pray, send me your happy thoughts and wishes, positive thoughts and prayer can do miraculous things. I will remember your continued support today... and know my cheerleaders are shaking their pom poms wherever they are... XOXO *M*
Saturday, August 18, 2012
This is a hard one...If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
- I would love to have dinner with my Dad again... I miss him so much.
- I would love to dine with Bill Clinton, He is my favorite president, and he's extremely witty.
- I would love to eat with Gene Simmons and family, I admire his great business mind, He's a great conversationalist and he can still rock out.
- I would love for Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien to cook for me... or Paula Dean, talk about opposites.
- Who wouldn't wanna be a fly on the wall at the last supper with Jesus?
- I love to grub out at the diner with my mom and her boyfriend.
- I enjoy dinner with my brother, and his wife and kids....I always end up covered in boogers, spit-up, & food, but my heart almost bursts with love.
- I will like to take my Sister to lunch one last time.
- I would love to help my MomMom to make strudel one last time...
- I would love to eat the crispy skin off the Thanksgiving turkey my Grandmom was making one more time...(Do you still wonder why I'm fat?)
- I wouldn't mind breaking bread with Walt Disney....
- I would enjoy eating out of Alexander Skarsgard hand, well as character Eric Northman...
- I would like to chew and chat with Brangelina, I really love Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt is still good eye candy.
- i would love to chow down with the cast of Steel Magnolias, my favorite movie... Dolly Parton, Sally Fields, Shirley Macclaine, Olympia Dukakis, Julia Roberts, and Darrah Hannah. ****Lets be honest... This list could go on forever, since Eating is one of my favorite things, and I am a social butterfly. I love desserts but I would probably be too nervous and distracted to eat with anyone on that list.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now...
Childhood~ I had a great childhood... We were poor but happy and healthy, until my sister got sick. She was 13 when she was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. When that happened it really changed our family dynamic, My Mom was always the caregiver(A bit of a Co-Dependent if you ask me) but Lisa getting sick put her into overdrive, I was about 15 so I enjoyed the little bit of freedom that the distraction gave me. My brother was 11 and since he was the baby he still got a lot of attention... until my sister got pregnant at 17, then 15 year old David lost out to the sickly pregnant girl and then the first(And still favorite) grandbaby.
Adulthood~ My Mom and Dad raised my Niece Nicole most of the time, since her mother(My Sister) was sick, and young. She liked to come and go, and was mostly Self-sabotaging her health since being diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes/Type 1... She tried drugs and drank alot during her teenage years too which forced me into a caregiver role but my role from the chart would be the Lost Child ...I lived in a fantasy world where my family was amazing and if it wasn't I would be able to make it into one by ignoring, forcing, and smiling through the pain. My father was a real life hero, who put up with more shit then any man should have to...Which makes him the Family Hero. My Sister was the Scapegoat alot of the time, but mostly she was the Chemically Dependent person... Usually. My brother was mostly the Scapegoat and my niece was the Mascot but they switched roles frequently. Well, You probably guessed that my Mom was the Chief Enabler.... It is hard to believe that we were so usual, that they chart fits us perfectly... i assumed we were unique.
****I figured that I should finish this somewhat depressing post by saying... I love my family. They are quirky and weird... so I fit right in. My mom is living with her High School Sweetheart giving them a second chance at a live that my incredible Dad broke with his entrance. She had the love of a lifetime, but who says she has to live the rest of her life lonely and in mourning. Plus I am not smothered anymore, I love spending time with her and don't dread it out of obligation. I spend tons of time with my brother, his amazing wife(My Newest Sister) and their fabulous kids. We put the FUN in DisFUNctional. Life is Good, and getting Better.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Ten Random Things...
- I am going to see Kelly Clarkson and The Fray tonight... I am excited. I love The Fray and Kelly Clarkson is a huge bonus.
- I am having my LapBand removed Monday, I am nervous but hopeful, since this is the beginning of the end.
- The scale has been up and down lately, I am not worried about it right now....
- I saw Sparkle, last night... It was good. I loved The Odd Life of Timothy Green, It was such a heartfelt story and I cried and laughed.
- I really need to get to the gym... busy days.
- I am seeing Train on Saturday night... They are my favorite and a big wig from the Arena arranged for me to have a meet and greet... I am getting to meet them, Pat Monahan and all... I am over the moon excited about this...
- I miss my nephews and nieces... I need to see them before my surgery monday...
- I love Turkey Bacon, and it seems that I could eat breakfast for all meals... since I am on a cereal kick these days too. Eggbeaters has a new flavor, it's 3 cheese and I love it. I also love Southwest style... Yum!
- I have been down lately, I think I might be starting to mourn my LapBand in advance... So I am hoping all these distractions will Distract me.
- I am still not sure about Overeaters Anonymous... but I have met a woman there who i can definitely relate too...and her name is Maria too... I am not very Anonymous, am I ?
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Well, Let me get random with you for a minute....
- I tried Pepsi Next... It's good, and 60% less sugar and much less calories. I like it. I hardly ever drink soda and I know we aren't supposed to but I do like a sip here and there. And I am a Pepsi Girl.
- I am having my LapBand removed in 4 days, Monday to be exact...I am excited to be taking a step on this new journey of mine. But I am freaked out to be going under the knife again. I do look forward to leaving the sickness(PB and occasional vomiting), acid reflux, and Stuck incidents behind though... and It should only be a few months before I have my Gastric Bypass.
- I am doing alot of research to be very prepared for the changes I can expect with Gastric Bypass, and I am following some new blogs that are about Gastric Bypasses ups and downs. If anyone has a good one to suggest... please comment and let me know what i am missing.
- Many things won't change so I am thrilled to have you guys' support, recipes, and to continue to learn from your success... We are all on the same journeys, but we all don't take the same transportation to get there... We can all do this Together!
- I have been on a cereal obsession lately, I eat it a couple times a week. It is pretty healthy stuff but I still feel like I'm being naughty. I am amazed that a "SERVING" is enough to satisfy me.
- I am really gonna miss being able to swim, since after surgery I have to stay out of chlorine for a month... and I am having 2 surgeries, a couple months apart.
List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them....
- Scrapbooking... I love it, but it is not a cheap hobby so I have taken a bit of a break while money is tight round these parts. I have made scrapbooks of many trips we've been on and family events. I have even made some gift scrapbooks for my Niece and Sister-in-Law.
- Photography... Actually alot of my hobbies go hand-in-hand, you take photos on vacation or of your family, and then you scrapbook those photos. i love taking photos of my nieces and nephews and pride myself on being a great candid child photographer and I got my husband is really into nature photography, he loves taking photos of animals in the wild and beautiful landscapes now.
- Movie Screenings... We see alot of movies in the theater, most of them. And we go to see them ahead of time in Advanced Screenings. Tonight I saw Sparkle, and I also saw The Odd Life of Timothy Green & Hit and Run this week. We know all the regulars and the critics and it is like a social event... We all love movies, so it is like being in a exclusive club.
- Travel... I love to see the World, and experience other cultures. We have been around a lot but we look forward to seeing much more... I especially love to Cruise, it is the most relaxing vacation you could ask for.
- Collecting Autographs...I have been collecting autographs for the last 20 years, and even though I am not into it as much lately, I have a huge amazing collection. Some Celebrities i have met and some I have written to over the years. Once I got into scrapbooking, I lost interest in this hobby but I still love to look at my books. I have Frank Sinatra, Barbara Streisand, Bette Midler, Arnold Schwarznegger, Liam Neeson, Robert Deniro, Jack Lemmon, Clint Eastwood, and many more....I got to meet alot of celebs too... When I was younger, I met Mario Lopez, John Stamos, Pamela Anderson, The Cast of Big Bang Theory, The Cast of That 70's Show, And a ton more. It was a fun lifestyle that My Groupie George got me into....
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
5 Years~ I hope that I will be healthy, It would be nice to be just curvy instead of Obese, I would like to be Phat only, not Fat... I could be more active, and maybe even go back to work. I would like to travel more, and keep falling deeper in love with My George.
10 Years~ I will be in my 50's, I can't imagine that. Of course, I couldn't imagine being in my Forty's not long ago, and It is turning into a better decade than my thirty's. I will be maintaining, My health, My weight, and my sanity. I will be rocking my marriage and my social life. I will be in a better place than I am now. Still traveling, and still head over heels in love.
15 Years~ It is hard to imagine all the changes that will take place in 15 years... My Nieces and Nephews will be teenagers, I will remain the Cool Aunt. I am afraid I will have lost the mothers by then, and It scares the crap out of me... I love both of our Mothers very much. My MIL is already 77 so... I am hoping she lives far into her 100's. I will still be crazy about My Sweet Prince... and we hope to be planning for our Golden Years with a beat up RV and a well worn map of the US.
Monday, August 13, 2012
If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
Well, I would love to read minds or See the Future(Can you say PowerBall?)... but I think I would want to have the same SuperPowers as Julie Benz's Character on No Ordinary Family, Stephanie Powell... She is very fast and can finish amazing projects in a day but the best part about her Powers is her lightening fast metabolism... She has to eat tons of food for energy every day. I know it seems like I have a one track mind, but that sounds like a dream come true.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood...
- I was teased because of my red hair and I hated the color of my hair because of it. They called me Carrot top, Cherry head, and the worst which was Red-haired Orangutan. It seems silly now, but then it was soul crushing. Thank God, I wasn't fat yet....BTW, I love being a redhead... These days.
- We were poor, but we always had a lot of fun. We played kick the can & hide and seek outside... And when it rained we went out in the back alley in our swimsuits and ran under the gutters and rain spouts. Probably not the smartest or most healthy thing to do but we were never sick. We enjoyed every little thing then... It was a simpler life.
- I went to DisneyWorld for the first time when I was around 12, it was a magical experience... and I have been a Disney Buff ever since.... Even worked there for 5 years, and my George still works there. I remember riding Space Mountain with my whole family, and how my Mom and Dad were annoyed after getting off the ride... I might not have told them it was a roller coaster.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Two years ago, I would tell you Philadelphia... but now I can tell you, I am living where I would live and here's the Why...
My whole family lives within an hour's radius of Philly. I am watching my nieces and nephews grow up.... I am with them for all holidays, birthdays, and milestones. I see them in their school plays and see them learning new things. I am an active part of their daily life. My mother is up here, she isn't elderly by any means but she is older than my Dad was when he died so, I spend as much time with her as I want... Philadelphia is an incredibly diverse, historical city and I have always been proud of where I come from... but coming home has brought a renewed joy for all that Philly has to offer. I am a huge Philly Sports Fan, and it's just more fun going through the ups and downs of Philly Sports with my own people. There's so much to see and do with a short drive... it's less than 150 miles from Washington, DC, NYC, The Jersey Shore, Atlantic City, The Poconos mountains... and not much farther to New England points like Boston. I like the changes in the seasons and temperatures too. Gorgeous vibrant fall leaves, Humid Summers, White Christmases, and Spring flowers... I like Pumpkin Patches than are an actual pumpkin patch and not a church lawn. I feel at home here... With people who known where I've been because they've been there with me. And this is where I met, fell in love with and married My George. I am Content amongst my family and Philly Folk. It took more than a decade and 1000 miles to figure that out.
Friday, August 10, 2012
What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
Forgiving.... The thing that brings us closest to God. It is not an easy game to win, but I forgive mostly with my family... I have had a few friends who are like family, and forgiving them was not as easy. But you don't get to chose your family.
My sister and I were never really close... She was sickly alot, and she was mean spirited alot. My George and I had a miscarriage like 19 years ago, We never really wanted kids but it was extremely difficult for me emotionally... The Possibility of getting what I didn't think I wanted. To make matters worse, it was a tubal pregnancy so my fallopian tube burst and I almost bled to death. I was and still am like a second mother to my sister's daughter, my niece Niki, my Goddaughter...
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
What are your 5 greatest accomplishments? This oughta be fun, I am not much of an accomplisher.
- It's not really an accomplishment but I have been brave enough to admit that i need help not once but twice... i lost 127 pounds with my lapband and I admitted that I needed help to get the rest of the way to goal, so I am revising to Gastric Bypass. This is a journey full of accomplishments... and I can't wait to see what's next.
- I've never asked a man out until I met my husband, I always let them approach me and dated men who were cute but not keepers. My George approached me and chatted me up but he was too shy to close the deal and ask for my number, so I pushed him by saying goodbye and it was nice to meet you... thinking he would follow through. Big Fat Backfire on that... As I was walking away, I started beating myself up... I knew he was special, and though he could be the one. I saw him walking across the mall to a record shop when I was filled with regret... So I stalked him, acting like I just coincidentally went there to shop, and he saw me and asked for my number.... So I accomplished, getting the man of my dreams in 100 easy steps.
- Making my family proud.... At one time or another I have made my family proud by standing my ground, making a stand or helping someone in need... My family is very hard to get approval from so I declare this an accomplishment.
- Traveling... I am not done on my travel quest but I have seen 23 states I think, including Alaska and Hawaii. And 13 countries, mostly in the Caribbean, Cruise Countries you might call them, but I dream of going farther one day. It is not an impressive list but for someone with my previous mobility issues... It is pretty impressive.
- My last accomplishment is a work in progress.... I am beating my food addiction into remission, it will never be cured but I am hoping to have it more under control every day.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
- My George~ He talks me into all kind of things that we really can't afford, and he is irresistible, plus I wanna see and do things too but I am the logical one in the relationship, i wish I didn't have to always have that role. I used to be a dreamer, but 2 dreamers in an adult relationship is bad news. But since I love making him happy, and my dreamer side fights me when I say NO. I end up at all kinds of concerts, sporting events, and even a much needed cruise this December. I love every minute of it, but Savings is a foreign word to us.
- Sugar~I am Sugar's Bitch... It gets me, even when I do everything to block it out of my life completely. It sneaks in.... somehow. It will be my greatest accomplishment to make Sugar my bitch. I will be in control of it... someday.
- My Weight~ It makes me weak, physically and mentally. It beats me down whenever I try anything new or overly active... I struggle through it and then the next day I can't even get out of bed. It will not always be this way, but it is unbearable sometimes that I have lost 127 pounds and I am still this heavy. That is why I am having the revision, I don't mind the slow weight loss, As long as there is there is weight loss... This year long plateau is too long.
- Laziness~I like to relax... alot. I like to watch TV, and sleep late.... I miss out on too much because of it. I have an almost stress-free existence, but I don't get much done and I procrastinate constantly.
- I'm Delusional~ I don't care for reality much, I like to pretend that everything will be ok, and when it's not....I am shocked. Even though, All the signs were there.
Describe 5 strengths you have....
- Compassionate~ I truly feel for others, and I will fight their fight with them. I will be there voice, when they are mute. I will hold their hand when they need support... I will be there shoulder to cry on... and most of the time, I will cry with them. Some people would consider this a weakness, but it is God's strength at work through me.
- Cherishing the Little Things~ I stop and smell the roses, I love to people watch, I smile and laugh constantly, I gaze into the eyes of my loved ones, I can never collect enough smiles or laughs from others... especially my nieces and nephews, Every memory is valuable to me, I scrapbook random minutes of my life, I enjoy... every moment life offers me.
- Math Mind~ I can do math really quickly in my head.... Bistro Math, Discount math, I am a whiz kid of sorts.
- Sense of Humor~ I can look at anything in a humorous way, I laugh at anything life sends my way, I do think laughter is the best medicine, I have a quick wit and I love to make people laugh, I really believe that all the world's a stage and we are all under-rehearsed...
- I am a Survivor~ I will get through this Weight Loss Journey too, Just like I got through the attempted date rape when I was 13, which started me on the weight gain journey, Just like I got through the sudden death of my little sister, and the quick death of my father... I come from a long like of survivors. My Dad and his family were imprisoned in Displaced Persons Camp during the war in Germany... His father was in a work camp, And they found each other again, after the war... the survived things we couldn't even imagine.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Describe a typical day in your current life....
Well, I am a lady of leisure so I sleep late every day. I am a night owl so I am up very late at night and sleep til 11am or even noon. When I get up, I eat immediately within 1/2 hour or so... If I am not hungry yet, I will drink a protein shake... If I am hungry, I eat a Greek yogurt with fiber one cereal in it. I walk my dog for the 2nd time soon after that. My MIL or my hubby walk him first thing in the morning.
I usually like to run errands in the afternoon, some days I go to visit my Mom or my SIL and the kids. I go to the playground with the kids or play baseball. I walk the mall with my MIL sometimes. Or I go swimming at the gym with Beth or alone.
Several nights during the week, My George and I go to Advance Screenings to see upcoming movies... It's a social thing, and we know most of the regulars and alot of the film critics. I really enjoy it, I like not hearing things about the movie before seeing it, and going in with an open mind. Because they are free, I go to see movies that I probably wouldn't pay to see too, and I have been pleasantly surprised by how good some of them are...
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Describe 10 pet peeves you have....
- Smacking your lips... It's just gross. Close your mouth when you eat, and chew like a lady...LOL
- People who say... No offense, But... and follow it with an incredibly offensive statement.
- Indifference, people need to speak up... even if it doesn't directly affect them.
- People who are too ignorant to know what's best for them... and keep repeating the same mistakes expecting different results.
- Facial hair on a man or woman, I prefer clean shaven...especially on my husband.
- Racism- I embrace all cultures.
- Bullying-Kids are struggling with enough lack of self-esteem without the nastiness.
- Turning every conversation around to be about you... unless it is me joking around, sometimes it is all about me.
- Abuse of the vulnerable... whether it be women, children, or animals.
- Drivers who believe that they are the only one on the road that matter...
Describe your most embarrassing moment....
List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how....This will be a hard one, but I will give it a try.
- My Dad- He grew up in Germany during the war and his family went through unbelievably traumatic times.... His mother and sisters and him were put in a Displaced person Camp(DP Camp) and his father was sent to a work camp. During these hard times, they had very little to eat and my 4 year old father snuck out the fence to help out working on a bread truck or a milk truck to bring home a loaf of bread or a quart of milk to his family. He was always a selfless man, who put his family's happiness before his own. And he taught me compassion, strength, honesty, morals, and values.... He forced me to develop character and to fight for those less fortunate, When I was 12 years old, I asked for a boom box and he got me a job... I am who I am because of who he was.
- My Mom- Although she is definitely co-dependent, She is one of the most caring people I have ever known...I have watched her as a care-giver with my sister, my great-grandmom, my niece, my father, my aunt, and now my great niece.... She is a nurturer...and she has influenced me by her selflessness, That I should never have children of my own and I am a better Aunt than I would ever be a mother. I am too selfish! But I love my childless bliss!
- My Mother-in-Law- She is the picture of Unconditional Love, and is generous to a fault sometimes. She gives until she can't even pay her own bills... But I never felt so safe as I have living with her this last 14 months. She is like a protective mother hen, and I couldn't adore her more. From her, I have learned better how to accept my family and love them in spite of themselves, She shows me unconditional love through example, every day! And does it without giving up her own life and enjoying her freedom. It can be done, Mom.
- My George- When I see myself through my George's eyes, I am truly beautiful... His eyes light up when he looks at me, and I feel loved. He is friendly and would speak to strangers on the subway. He is extremely likeable. I want to be more like him in those ways. If it wasn't for his overfriendly ways, he would never have approached me 21 years ago and I am blessed that he did. I feel complete with him. He has shown me my own beauty, in it's most flawless form. He has shown me the me, I shrive to be.
- My Friend Petra- We have been friends for 25 years, and I have always adored her. She is so charitable and compassionate with Animal and children's charities on the top of her lists. She has been vegetarian, or vegan for most of the time I have known her... but the most amazing influence she has had on me, is her inner mental and emotional strength, You see her first husband shook their 5 month old son to death.... and she survived miraculously. She still struggles with depression, severe sorrow and grief, but she has dedicated her time to helping other who are more vulnerable like animals, and works with sleeping angels fund which helps financially with people who lose a child, since funerals and gravestones aren't anything a young parent should have to plan for... She is one of the strongest women I know... I feel stronger just by knowing her.
- My Friend Lisa- She is a story of caution. I have know her almost 30 years. She always falls for the wrong guys and gives everything of herself. She has been cheated on, abused, and completely neglected. I don't need to make the mistakes myself, after watching her face the consequences of them. I appreciated the Good Guy, The Geek, Mr. Very Right. She is a survivor, and through her errors I have found my ways.
- My Sister-in-Law- I didn't always understand her, but I have found the sister I always wanted in her.... She is so selfless and attentive as a mother, and is raising the 3 most perfect kids on the Earth. She is so tolerant of my baby brother, who I know personally as a PITA. (Pain in the Ass)... She is always finding ways to make her family a more loving unit and keeping my nephews entertained with healthy activities. She is a SuperMom, and has no Life of her own. So, I have the children I would have dreamed off, through her sacrifice and hard work.
- My Friend Amy- She is a superstar with her band, and has knocked the world over with her weight loss and fitness. She is an inspiration. And she doesn't ever judge me. But her influence on me is much more than that... She is so funny, and pokes fun at herself. You don't She has an amazing love story, the stuff movies are made of, She is totally honest about her struggles with food addiction, and how much she still fights it even after goal. She has found Zen... Balance of life, love, family, and health... And I strive to find that Balance in myself.
- Children-My nephews and nieces remind to appreciate the little things, Laughter, Colors, the Sun, the Moon, The flowers. You could give them a plastic straw and they'll play for an hour. They sing and dance with abandon... Their innocence makes every day full of discovery... There is more to discover and much more to see. I will not lose my sense of wonder. It keeps me young at heart...
- You- Every time I read about a NSV of yours, or a new experience you had... I want to do those things and experience them myself. Your struggles remind me that I am not alone on this journey, and your accomplishments challenge me to fight harder for my own health. You are so influential in my life... Keep Inspiring!