Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Train Meet and Greet... And I'm Alive and almost well.

Here I am with My George and Jimmy Strafford, Pat Monahan, and Scott Underwood from Train, one of my favorite bands. My George arranged for me to get to meet them when we went to see them in concert last Saturday night which was a great distraction for my surgery yesterday. It was an amazing concert, Andy Grammer and Matt Kearney opened up for Train. They were incredible as always. I even got a 8x10 photo autographed for my collection... And here it is!
Well, My surgery went well... I stayed overnight in the hospital last night. My heartbeat was too low at one point and they did an EKG and continually monitored it. It was fine. I am still very sore in my stomach, I have 2 bigger incisions(2-3 inches) and 3 small incisions an inch or less. One of the small ones hurts more than the others, I am hoping it is not infected... I am keeping an eye on it. The spots where they had my IVs, Are all bruised and still hurt a lot... My right hand and my right wrist. They said my potassium was low(Actually in the Low normal range) so they gave me potassium in my IV and it burned like a bitch going in... When the regular IV ran out and only the Potassium was going in, It felt like they were cutting my arm off... So I was like a baby, crying and calling for any nurse to help me... Talk about embarrassing! Anyway, I am recuperating and My George is taking much better care of me than the nurses did so I am in a good place. 


                   I wanted to thank you all for all your prayers, well wishes, and happy thoughts.... You are wonderful friends and I am blessed to have you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maria.
    I have been away for a while so your surgery was news to me. Glad it went well. And glad George is there to help. What a nice idea for the meet and greet. Be well

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your surgery went well....awesome pics!!!! Now recover safe and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all went well (mostly, anyway). Hope you get back to 100% soon!

    I'm SO jealous you got to meet Train. I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your surgery went well, hope your recovery is smooth.

    ReplyDelete