- Monday~I started the week gazing at a $200 water bill... It can only get better, right?
- Tuesday~My husband was cleaning the family room and moved the chaise lounge to vacuum under it, and after a series of mishaps... Our 50" Flat Screen got cracked...At least, your husband cleans... Ummm, ok there's that and At least It can't get any worse. That afternoon, I was alone in the house when I experienced my first Earthquake. My husband rushed home thinking a tree fell over and hit the house, and left again thinking I was losing it, big time. But, no... Earthquake. What's gonna happen next?
- Wednesday, I wake up and look out the window to see my car is gone... Reprocessed, after getting behind in payments when my husband was out of work for 3 months... we were paying double payments for a couple months now trying to get caught up. They promised us to defer the past due to the end of our loan, but must have been leading us on to get as much money as they could from us. And they took our car back, with all our stuff inside it... in the middle of the night. Who did we screw over in our past lives?
- Thursday, We find out that we have to go to Kensington in Philadelphia to pick up our items from our car... Kensington is the working class neighborhood where my Mother grew up, but now it is not a nice blue collar family neighborhood anymore... It's more of a drive-by ganghood these days. I was given the run around all day by the Repo guy... and didn't get my stuff back. I can't believe how these people treat those of us who are struggling in this bad economy... but my Fellow BOOBs brightened my day with a wonderful BOOB of the day post about me where my good friends said wonderful glowing things about me and I didn't feel like such a loser deadbeat anymore. The sun will come out tomorrow.
- Friday, We went to the ghetto to get our stuff and even a worse part of town then planned... North Philly. Wow! but after a horrible experience... We had our stuff and we have each other. We were hardly using that car anyway, because this is the big city and we like the subway... it's cheaper than GAS. Like One Republic sings... This Could really be a Good Life, a Good, Good Life!
- Saturday~ One Disaster a week... That's for WIMPS. How about a Hurricane? or some Tornadoes for good measure? As it rains and rains outside, I am thankful to be safe and to have friends and family who love me. Like a Postman, neither rain, nor sleet, nor Gloom of night will keep me from my Appointed Blog Post for I am a Postman too... LOL
- Sunday~Full Circle, all week I have been saying, "I just need to get through this week" since my Great Aunt's 80th birthday party is Sunday where I will spend the day surrounded by my loving family swimming in my Uncle's pool. Well, due to Hurricanes and heavy rain... The Party is cancelled. But on the Bright Side, We all have puddles deep enough to swim in and our basement is flooding as we speak, Who doesn't like an indoor pool? Should I ask Marnie to remove the curse on me? (That is a True Blood reference for you Basic Cablers...)
In Summary, My Week was bad... but My Life is Good. "Sometimes there's Airplanes I can't jump out, Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now, We are God of Stories, but please tell me... What there is to complain about? When you're Happy like a Fool, Let it Take you over... When Everything is Out, You got to Take it In.... Oh, This has Gotta be the Good Life" Two other things come to mind... From the book of Mark in the Bible "It is Easier for a Camel to pass through the Eye of a Needle, than a Rich Man to enter the Kingdom of God" I guess, better to suffer here, than for Eternity.... Let's end on a more positive note, From It's a Wonderful Life... "No man is a failure who has Friends! I may not be rich in funds but I am rich in FUNs. I love you all!