- I really enjoyed Fifty Shades of Grey, I am just finishing reading Fifty Shades Darker... And can't wait to read Fifty Shades Freed. The books are hot though, so you may jump your husband, wife, partner, or a stranger in the subway or an elevator though, so be prepared. \
- I got a FitBit Ultra for my birthday thanx to some great Amazon Gift Cards and an awesome sale... and I love it so far! I can see where I need to improve, and that I am doing better than I thought I was... I have to give a shoutout to my Bandster Friend Beth who's FitBit advice and a very generous birthday gift card made my purchase possible!
- While I am mentioning Beth... She is headed for Chicago this year for her first BOOBs experience, and as most of you know I am not Going... (My surgery is probably going to fall around that time and money is tight these days) I was hoping you all would take her under your batwings and show her a good time, She is in her first year after surgery and has been doing very well... and she is sarcastic and funny just like me, so you get all the funny without my bitchiness... It's a Win Win, if you ask me! Check out her blog if you haven't already, and find her in Chi-Town!
- I mentioned my birthday earlier... I love Cake, especially sweet sugary birthday cake. And I didn't get any this year... because I didn't want it sitting around this house, and I didn't want to eat it all on a Sugar Bender. Well, That plan... Backfired. I have been eating sugary crap trying to fulfill that desire for several days. Luckily, I haven't gained any weight since I have my fitbit challenging me to be more active.
- I have been going to the movies alot like usual, I really loved Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter... It was so friggin' good, full of action, special effects, historial accuracies and fun inaccuracies, great costumes and settings... One of the best of the year so far! I loved Brave too... Being a huge Disney & Pixar Fan, a fiery redhead myself, and of a slight Scottish descent... I loved every moment of it! I see alot of movies, and I can't tell you about them all or I will bore you to tears, but I see pretty much everything so let me know if you are interested in any and I will reply with my thoughts. As for Magic Mike, I was very disappointed. There was not much story, no chemistry between the characters and not enough striptease... When gorgeous scantily clad men can't save a movie, What's wrong in this world?
- I have been trying to work out more... and Beth and I have been water walking and chatting it up on friday nights at our gym, I can be more active! I know I can do this!
- I have been cooking alot lately, I am really starting to enjoy experimenting and finding new healthy choices. I used the crockpot a couple times and made a killer pot roast, and some pulled pork. Good stuff! And Healthy too. The pulled pork was a Hungry Girl Recipe... I love her stuff!
- My niece, her boyfriend and their baby girl... got their first apartment last week. We are trying to get them started with some furniture and kitchen stuff. But nothing we offer is good enough for her fancy 22 year old mind. I find it so funny to see what it is like to be young and stupid... I have lived a lifetime sitting my ample ass on second hand couches... Anyway, I have had a happy life so far, you can't buy happy!
- I am looking forward to a visit from my BBFF Jen, she was my roomie in Chicago for BOOBs for the last 2 years and I wish we lived closer than 3000+ miles apart. I can't wait to introduce her to my family especially my little angels, we are going to hang out with Barb, and I am going to show her my Philly! It's gonna be a blast!
- July 4th is always a big family BBQ every year, so I will not torture myself til after that... because I am giving up Sugar for a week to detox, and I am not sure when I will start sometime in July. I will keep you updated.
Friday, June 29, 2012
Well.... Let's get started with the 10 things...
Friday, June 22, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Well, I went for my 4th or 5th Weight Management appt with my Surgeon's office... Since it's not a first for me, I went through insurance approval hoop jumping 2 1/2 years ago before I had my lapband installed... This time is less stressful since I now know what to expect and I am not fearful of my new surgery or starting a new chapter of my weight loss journey...
- My nutritionist told me to start logging my food again, I had stopped for the last few months.... So I am plugging it into myfitnesspal and seeing where I could make some cutbacks.
- My weight was up again... So I need to make sure I get back to basics and listen to my body better. I am trying to start swimming at least at the gym... Friday will be the first TRY. We will see.
- I have been cooking alot lately and I really enjoy finding new ways to make healthy food Yummy! I have brought a couple of old friends back into the mix that I have had on the back burner, namely Pork and a little beef. I find that variety makes staying on track much easier. I slip into my chicken, turkey, greek yogurt... routine for a few weeks and then spice it up with some homemade pulled pork (Hungry Girl has a great recipe) or fajitas at home... Which my hubby loves. I like to find things that are bread based like pulled pork or fajitas and eat them without the bread... BTW, Cheesesteaks... need the bread. They are Yuck without it. So I eat them in a pita or some flatbread.
- I am still going to alot of advanced movie screenings and loving being back in that lifestyle... This week I saw Rock of Ages(Actually my 2nd time seeing it), Lola Versus(Good but not Great), That's my Boy(My 3rd time seeing it, I love Adam Sandler and I needed the laugh), and tomorrow night I am seeing TED(I am looking forward to it since I love Seth MacFarlane)...
- I am loving my new Nieces... Giana(My Great Niece) is almost 6 weeks old and Avery(Redheaded like her Auntie) is almost 5 weeks old. This is gonna be a great summer... I can't wait!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Well, I am at the end of my rope... Trying to lose weight caused me to maintain for a long while, but as soon as i am supposed to maintain for my new revision... I lose a few pounds here and there... but then I start to gain a few pounds here and there. My back has been giving me severe spasms... so working out is a no go... but every little activity I do causes me to crave carbs especially sugar. Lets go over the facts... Bullet style.
- I am so much less active so that may be why I am not losing and even gaining weight... I need to find a way to stop giving into the sugar cravings, and go to my gym to use the pool at least.
- I need serious therapy for food addictions and disorders, I notice I eat right at breakfast, slip up slightly at lunch but no biggie and maybe a little slip up at dinner....but mostly good choices, and then 9pm hits and I want junk. The feeling is so strong and I try to quench it with a healthy snack but I eat my way to junk slowly. My calories are still around where they want them but I feel like I messed up my own day... and the scale shows it.
- Why... When I was eating totally right and exercising regularly did I not blame myself for the scale's hateful behavior but now that my eating is 20% questionable... I get so angry at myself. I do not want to RELOSE weight. I fought so hard to lose the first time.
- I have a weight management appt with my surgeon's office... I am headed for my 5th one and I need 6 for insurance approval. I know they are going to be casual about the weight gain, heartburn/reflux, and the PBing... because I have agreed to the revision but I want this band out sooner, rather than later... It is making me unable to eat my meals, even though they are correct portion size/protein first and healthy... I feel stuck within 2 or 3 bites, even though I am chewing well and eating slowly... when I PB which is too often, everything comes up. And I get reflux later that day. I am annoyed now, why wouldn't I agree to the revision a year ago when they first suggested it? I would be through this and on to my new life, band-free.
- I think my muscle relaxers and pain meds are making me struggle more with cravings and weight gain. I hope I really didn't gain that much weight, I still feel the same and my clothes fit the same. I am nauseous often too. This is a long journey, and I knew it would be but I feel like I am living in a holding pattern for too long.