- Lucky... That I have about a million things overflowing from my neglected DVR, I came back from Disney to 99% filled up. Let's just hope that the power stays on.
- Unlucky... That I am about to start my pre-op diet in a few days and I wanted to eat out one last time, and I have had problems finding my protein shakes.
- Lucky... I am crazy about my husband and don't mind spending day and night with him for days.
- Unlucky... That Dogs don't use a litterbox, and mine doesn't care for the wetness.
- Lucky...That I still have a lot of fat to live off of if we run out of food or lose power and the fridge takes a hit.
- Unlucky....That the house I live in is over 100 years old, so it loses power every time someone sneezes.
- Lucky.... I have 2 books to read from the library.
- Unlucky... My eyes are not good enough to read by candlelight.
- Lucky... We of the Eastcoast have all your best wishes and prayers... to get us through this.
- Unlucky... We may lose power and not see all your wishes and prayers.
- Lucky... That this whiney, long-winded blog post is ending.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Well, I escaped Florida with it's Tropical Storms and Hurricanes Galore? And now the 2nd Largest Atlantic Hurricane is headed our way.... Really? God must really have a sense of humor....
Monday, October 22, 2012
A lot to catch up on....
- I have been torn lately, wanting to eat things that my band has prevented me from eating for years... but not having the desire. Weird feeling...
- My Gastric Bypass Surgery is scheduled for November 13... I am scheduled for a day of nutrition classes, blood tests and ultrasounds on November 2nd, and my pre-op diet is much easier than my lapband one. Different surgeons, different rules.
- I feel like I am in a better place when going into this surgery... I guess the Lexapro is really helping and I am fed up with the pain.
- Being in Florida was a different experience this time, I wasn't wanting to rush around to all my favorite restaurants and I wasn't shopping like crazy. I just enjoyed time with friends and got my house more in order.
- I have been taking my journey one day at a time, easing into my new life... I am hoping that I am more equipped to succeed this time. I believe that I am.
- Saw some great movies... Like Sinister, Seven Psychopaths, Wreck-it-Ralph, Lincoln, Alex Cross, and a not so great one... Paranormal Activity 4(I wasn't a fan of any of them actually), and I liked Fun Size too.
- I had a great time at my Family's Pumpkin Painting/Carving Party yesterday... It was so much fun. I spent time with my baby nieces, and my nephews. I missed them so much while in Orlando. My Aunt had a beautiful spread of food, but I ate less of it, than usual. It was such a strange experience. I couldn't believe it.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Eggface has 10000 friends on facebook and she's celebrating by giving away great stuff.... Here's the link http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-eggface-big-1
Let's get this thing rolling....
- Well, Lexapro is amazing.... I am clear-headed, binge-free, carving-free, depression-free, anxiety-free, and my night eating syndrome is in check... Life is Good! I am only on 5mg a day but I have my full range of emotions, except they are under my control for once.
- I have been keeping my weight under control without my band which is wonderful.....
- I am excited about seeing Taken 2 tomorrow night... I love Liam Neeson and the first one was amazing...
- We are preparing for one of our Orlando Work trips.... We are heading down to Disney the middle of the week for My George to work for a couple weeks. He works and I play... It works out great for me.... LOL
- My In-Laws gave me their old car(2004 Chevy Trailblazer) instead of trading it in when they bought their new one...It's a lot newer than mine so that's great. Mine has been a death trap lately so It couldn't come at a better time. I am a happy girl, who may be slightly spoiled but in a cute way.... LOL
- My surgery is not scheduled yet but I am almost through the insurance approval process so it shouldn't be long before it gets scheduled. I am planning on around the 5th of November which means I will have to vote early or absentee ballot since I will still be in the hospital.
- I look forward to seeing my sweet nieces and Nephews dressed in their Halloween costumes and going trick or treating with them so I am deliberately waiting another week to schedule my surgery.