Friday, May 27, 2016
As you can see, she has red hair like me... but I try not to play favorites....lol. I am very blessed.
Saturday, We have a Pool Party/BBQ at my Aunt's house. My Aunt Donna and I are very close in age so we are more like sisters. She is 4 years and change older than me but looks younger.... We are besties... speak on the phone several times a week, tell each other everything, etc. She and her husband are getting divorced and this is her first party in 22+ years without him.... I know she'll do amazing because she's incredible but I am glad to be going for support.
As you can see we always have a good time at my Aunt's.... And my husband is one big kid...lol
Sunday, Is another BBQ at my Stepsister's house. Jen has 4 awesome kids and I look forward to seeing them as I don't see them often. I am thinking that I will need a break monday....
My keys to calorie conscious BBQing....
1) Always eat before you go... make sure to not go hungry.
2) Use small plates and small spoons...
3) Eat meat/protein first... and skip the bun if you can.
4) Find a spot away from the food area....and drink lots of water
5) Mingle/Socialize... Isn't that why you're there anyway?
6)Get involved in activities... Swim, play yard games, etc.
7)Bring a healthy dish which you love...
8) Only eat your favorite things, and only in small doses if they're unhealthy.
9) Fresh fruit is a great dessert item.
10) Remember to not beat yourself up... it's a party, and you'll lie if you want to... give yourself a break... and jump right back on the horse, Don't give up after eating a treat or 2!
Saturday, May 21, 2016
I know I have will power. I have lost hundreds of pounds dieting over the years... but I have also gained back a ton. I need to "Check Myself, before I Wreck myself".... Just because my fat diseases are in remission doesn't mean i am cured... I don't want them back or the weight back. I don't mind a break from dieting once in a while but not so long that I forget where I've been and how hard it was to get here... I will make a new plan and get back on the horse before I end up breaking his back and my spirit.
Saturday, May 14, 2016
I admit that I sometimes believe that I'll always be fat... Do I have to be unhappy or downright miserable to lose weight? I am a happy person.... I love life, I love myself, I am in love with an incredible man, I feel fulfilled. How is this possible when I'm morbidly obese? My health is much better since I had a Lapband and sleeve.... But my weight, although it's lower.... Isn't low enough. I didn't have high expectations,... I am 5'10", so I could be content around 250. Do I have to hit rock bottom again?