Friday, May 27, 2016

Memorial Madness

Well... We are headed into a weekend full of fun and dance. Tonight, (Friday) is my youngest Niece Avery's first dance recital... and I am super excited. She is like a little angel and I can't wait to see her dance ballet like one.
As you can see, she has red hair like me... but I try not to play favorites....lol. I am very blessed. 

            Saturday, We have a Pool Party/BBQ at my Aunt's house. My Aunt Donna and I are very close in age so we are more like sisters. She is 4 years and change older than me but looks younger.... We are besties... speak on the phone several times a week, tell each other everything, etc. She and her husband are getting divorced and this is her first party in 22+ years without him.... I know she'll do amazing because she's incredible but I am glad to be going for support. 
As you can see we always have a good time at my Aunt's.... And my husband is one big kid...lol

                     Sunday, Is another BBQ at my Stepsister's house. Jen has 4 awesome kids and I look forward to seeing them as I don't see them often. I am thinking that I will need a break monday.... 

              My keys to calorie conscious BBQing.... 
             1) Always eat before you go... make sure to not go hungry.
             2) Use small plates and small spoons... 
             3) Eat meat/protein first... and skip the bun if you can.
             4) Find a spot away from the food area....and drink lots of water
             5) Mingle/Socialize... Isn't that why you're there anyway?
             6)Get involved in activities... Swim, play yard games, etc.
             7)Bring a healthy dish which you love... 
             8) Only eat your favorite things, and only in small doses if they're unhealthy.
             9) Fresh fruit is a great dessert item.
            10) Remember to not beat yourself up... it's a party, and you'll lie if you want to... give yourself a break... and jump right back on the horse, Don't give up after eating a treat or 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment