- Give in.... We like to believe we are always right but sometimes we aren't, we need to play that one in a million time up. Tell him, "You are Right, and I am Wrong". Those 3 little words mean more to them, or at least as much as "I Love You"... They love hearing us say we are wrong... and they love hearing that they are right. Believe me, It is worth it.
- Compliment Them... If you think they look handsome, Say it... If you think it say it! Tell them they have beautiful eyes, tell them that they turn you on, tell them that smell good... just tell them. We as Women, always complain that they don't compliment us enough but it goes both ways, once the see how good they feel when you shower them with compliments, they will want you to enjoy the feeling too.
- I Love you... Find different ways to say it, say it often, say it again, say it each time you say goodbye, Make sure you say it first thing in the morning and when you say good night each night.... You can't wear it out.
- Cheerleader... You are their cheerleader, don't let anyone else take that role from you... Cheer them on in big accomplishments and small ones too. They need the stroking, in more ways than one.
- Sex...Everyone has a headache once in a while, but you know what cures it.... Orgasm. You will have great sex, good sex and maybe some not so good sex.... but have it! Often!... Enjoy each other! You don't want to be a stranger to your own husband.
- Date night... Couples that still date, are always more content and happy. Because they are nurturing their love. Make time for each other, consider it an investment... in your future.
- Support... Be in their corner, Support their dreams, and make them come true together... (Disclaimer: If they want a ridiculous dream like being a movie star, rock star, etc... It will be harder to support and much more expensive, so you might wanna put your cart behind the right horse)
- Family... His family could be wonderful, but it is more likely that they are from the Bowels of Hell. Endure them... and let them hang themselves. Don't stoop to their levels... Be strong and kill them with kindness. You will always have the upper hand that way! Remember, You come first in his eyes and you don't need to test it.(Disclaimer: If for some reason you don't come first, He may be the cancer that needs to be cut out... not his family)
- Marriage.... Get Married, make it legal... Don't go around saying it's like you're married, you live together like a married couple, or Who needs a silly piece of paper? You deserve to be his wife, not his kinda wife. I know a girl who spent 20 years with a man that she had 2 kids with, owned a house with, shared everything... except a paper. He cheated on her almost the whole time they were together, married 2 of the women he cheated with and kicked her out of her own house twice, ?Yes, that means she took him back after the first time... She had nothing to show for their relationship except 2 growing boys to feed, hap-hazard child support payments, a man who pretends he never loved her and her sons have an evil stepmother. She would have had alot more rights if they had been married. And Marriage is much more romantic... At least I think so.
- Life... Live it, don't worry so much... Enjoy each other and if you have children, remember that when the kids leave... Your husband stays. So put him first, always. Even when it is difficult. I don't have kids, so this advice... is more do as I say, and not as I do... LOL
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Happy Marriage Playbook... As I see it.
Well, about 12 days ago, My husband and I celebrated 21 years together.... We met in a mall, while shopping for Christmas gifts. We've only been married for 17 years now, but the day we met was the start of something amazing... and I want to share what I've learned these last 2 decades. Every couple is different, but men are somewhat similar... and here is a few tips.