- I haven't had real bread in 2 1/2 years, and i didn't really miss it until my band was removed... I have eaten bread 3 times in the last week.... It is good! but I don't wanna fall into old habits.
- I went to the Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Bowl and ate a bowl and a half of pasta.... I loved it, which is weird since I didn't really like Pasta after i was banded. I will stay away from Olive Garden for a long while....
- I am trying to eat the same size servings but I find I am still hungry afterwards..... It's gonna be a long 2 months unbanded and fighting off the binge. I am keeping crap out of the house and trying to get by on smaller meals. I don't want to gain alot of weight between surgeries, because even though losing weight is amazing, relosing is not as fun.
- I asked my surgeon to prescribe an appetite suppressant.... but he won't do that, so I am planning on asking my PCP this week. I know I should be able to have some control over myself but I need to be realistic, I am an addict and my less than thrilling restriction is now gone completely. I am fine during the day, but when the clock strikes 9pm or so.... I am ravenous... like Cinderella coach turning into a pumpkin, mine would turn into a Pumpkin Pie. A Good Friend suggested getting an appetite suppressant that I could take after dinner... and it sounds like something I should try. I have never taken an appetite suppressant before and I don't really like to take drugs at all. Does anyone have a suggestion?
- I feel better without my band though... No Acid Reflux, No stomach issues, no vomiting, etc.
- On a happier note, We finished paying off our cruise in December with my winnings from the Casino the other day.... I figured, Why Not? Something to look forward to... and One less thing to worry about!
- About the Casino trip, It was a day trip to a casino in our area.... I won a radio station prize which consisted of $100 free slot play, $100 horse racing vouchers, $200 Restaurant voucher, I got to name one of the horse races which i named Georgie's Girl's Classic after me, and I got to get my photo with the winning jockey... and I got a rhinestone Parx Casino tote bag full of other prizes. I used the free play and brought home $312... Which doesn't sound like alot but I am an addictive personality so I was extremely proud that I walked away and didn't lose my winnings. I walked away... I kept my winnings.
Sunday, September 2, 2012
Bandless Bandit!.... A Life in Pause!
I am LapBand free and Binging like a Bandit.... I only started eating normal food less than a week ago. I was on liquid before that and didn't even notice that my band was gone... Well, It is GONE.... Big Time!