Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My unchubby Hubby...

Do any of you have a husband who can eat whatever he wants and not gain an ounce? We all know the types... You keep telling yourself it will catch up with them, but it never does. My husband, George, is the love of my life... he's my best friend and soulmate. I am so happy spending my life with him but spending my meals with him... not so much. He likes mostly carbs... everything I can no longer eat and many things which I didn't even attempt to eat before the "Band". He hasn't hardly gained a pound in the almost 19 years we've been together. I want him to be happy but I can't share in the snacking anymore so he's feels he has to make up for the financial lose that my band is costing the fast food industry. He eats fast food usually twice a day and snacks on chips and candy when he's not gulping Cherry Cokes. Do I sound resentful?... I shouldn't be. He's really supportive of me, finishing off the whole cheesecake slice that we once shared... How thoughtful. Anyway, I'm not bitter... He usually keeps the snacking in his "Man Cave" and doesn't shove it down my throat, figuratively or literally... On a positive note, I love to eating out in restaurants and one I like is MiMi's Cafe, They have this chocolate moose that is "to die for"... I thought I had had my last taste but it turns out that it is on their light and fit menu...Petite(About the size of a scoop of ice cream) Chocolate Moose with sliced strawberries in syrup... 131 calories and only 13 carbs. It's true, I read it twice to make sure. It seems too good to be true but they also have lemon moose and raspberry moose... all low in calories and carbs. I never met a carb I didn't like... and I look forward to treating myself to that yummy moose soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hi well done on the weight loss, 44lb is fantastic! Look forward to following your blog. Take care x

    ReplyDelete