Sunday, May 23, 2010

It may be gross but it's working!

I am full of hope and promise today... which is good. I have days which are more of a struggle but this was an easy one. I went to lunch with some friends at Chilis and ate almost have of my grilled chicken and broccoli... which means leftovers. I love leftovers these days. It makes me feel like I'm saving money and eating less. I hardly ever brought leftovers home before my surgery and told myself that the food tastes better right after it's made... SO NOT TRUE! I love leftover chinese now. Especially pepper steak. I can't have alot of the sauce and they switch out the onions for broccoli... but I am used to the no rice thing already. I never expected that... I loved Rice in my old life and thought it would be the hardest thing to give up. It expands in your stomach so even if I could do the carbs... My surgeon has me on a low carb diet which consists on mainly meat... and if it ain't broke don't fix it. My Mom makes awesome homemade chicken salad which I eat on pickle chips like a cracker. It is yummy, for sure. I eat Tuna that way too. Anyway, I want to join the YMCA and I need to go take a tour... Note to self: Make time to get your work out place set up... They have 2 pools, and many classes like Zumba, Latin Dance and Cardio, and Belly Dancing for fitness. Has anyone ever belly danced for fitness... It sounds fun! I hate working out so fun in where it's at. I am headed to the movies tomorrow with the Hubby... I look forward to it and take in my snacks but I love the popcorn.... alot. It is so hard smelling it. So I sometimes chew it and spit it out.... I know, Way Gross! You have to do what you have to do... Sacrifice in it's simpliest terms, all the taste and none of the calories/carbs... It's a hard road but somebody's got to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment