Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Inspiration...

Well, As a scrapbooker, I see inspiration in everyday things... On this weight loss journey, I am also finding inspiration in many different things. I am an avid watcher of Dancing with the Stars and never miss an episode. I vote by phone, text, and internet... Sound obsessive? Well, you're lucky I didn't tell you that I also use my husband's phone to call and text votes. Anyway, The sparkly, barely there costumes on the gorgeous female professional dancers, inspire me to keep my eye on the prize and lose the weight... Will I end up dancing on the ballroom circuit if I lose the weight... Not so much... but inspiring none the less. I love to dance and my weight makes it a very brief activity which typically ends with hyper-ventilation... Well, lets get back to the everyday inspirations... Clothes and bathing suit shopping are fearful, anxiety ridden errands that bring no joy... only pain and anguish. Someday, I will enjoy the activities that I could do without now... I want to ride a camel in Egypt, and I don't want to be the "straw" that breaks the camel's back, I want to ride a jetski, without sinking like the Titanic, I want to go on a helicopter tour, without paying for 2 people or plummetting to the ground, I want to sit in a restaurant and eat whatever I want in peace without wondering if the whispers will be loud enough for me to hear this time, I would my little black dress to not be an oxymoron, I want to see the world without feeling worn out, in pain, out of breath, or missing out on life... I am inspired by my own life... My life is a wonderful, joyful, life that I want to turn into overdrive... I want to not have limits... I want to really live... not just exist. I want to be my best "ME"...

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Love each of your inspirations because they so closely echo mine. I say we make a pact here and now to take a helicopter ride over Manhattan in REAL little black dresses when we both reach our goals.

    ReplyDelete