Sunday, February 20, 2011

You Guys Rock!







Well, you lifted me up again... I was nervous about writing my last post... expecting to read a bunch of "You lost 116 pounds in 10 months, I really feel sorry for you!"(Read with a incredibly sarcastic tone) or worse... the old "Just stop eating Chocolate Dumbass!" Well, instead I got real ideas on what I can do to get through this cruise and get myself back on track... Some advice I will take, like Jacque telling me to take the stairs whenever possible... some advice I probably won't take like... taking a bite of my hubby's dessert although now I can't find that comment now... but George, who I love to death seems to like fruity desserts.. not fruit but apple crisp thingys etc... and it's not dessert if it's not chocolate to me... or cake... I like just fruit... but I'm not really a fruit pie person. I shot him evil looks across the table many a meal when he ordered some stupid apple ice cream concoction... Who am I to expect him to order a dessert every time that I would like to share? Even worse, I would like him to order one that I like... even if he doesn't. Talk about needing an intervention... My sweet George, who is incredibly understanding about my addiction and the consequences of said addiction... and I should be thrilled when he orders a dessert that I don't like... because I won't eat it... and then I won't have the extra calories. It should be a good thing that he has horrible taste in dessert and candy. Well, when I said I will only eat one dessert a day, knowing myself I will wait for the perfect dessert that doesn't exist and not have any... or eat one and resent that it wasn't better, so I will get through this cruise, actively alert to my decisions and their consequences! Hi... My name is Maria and I'm a Chocolaholic... I got angry on the last cruise I was on because "What kind of chocolate buffet doesn't have a chocolate fountain?" I am changing... I promise you, but It's a 12 step program... and like Jacque says.... You have to be willing to take the steps!

5 comments:

  1. I have a chocolate addiction. There needs to be a support group for that. It really is serious. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh.. I like Chocolate too Maria.. you are not alone.. all I can say to my self is moderation and step back away from the chocolate.. but enjoy that cruise... take in the memories with your husband.. and travel safely...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spouse and I have the same sort of different tastes in desserts. Makes sharing really difficult. Fortunately, my older daughter has tastes like mine, and is past the age of "MINE" so she'll share. :)

    Your cruise sounds like so much FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those chocolate fountains. Probably because I have watched too many kids (and adults) dip their fingers and all sorts of other nasty appendages (no-not that one) in the flowing liquid when they think no one is watching. EWWWW! One kid sneezed, one double dipped about 5 times... I refuse to let my daughter have one at her wedding. But all other sorts of chocolate are extremely fine. I'm a purist really-give me an ol' big bar of milk chocolate and I will be in heaven. Enjoy the cruise. I didn't "restrict" myself in Mexico, but the band sure did. I had a plate of food and could only eat a few bites. I was almost in tears not being able to eat it all. So don't worry. Eat what you like. Just try to get in a bunch of protein for every sweet that jumps into your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the addiction as well, but mine's to ALL food! LOL I need desserts, nachos, etc. All we can do is remind ourselves that this is a DAILY triumph of mind over food...and we'll get there! Luckily, my boyfriend doesn't like people to touch any of his food - so that idea is off the table for me as well! :)

    ReplyDelete