Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Former Obsessions=New Acceptions


Well, I guess I should admit to being a Starbucks Addict... I used to get my favorite Mocha Frappachino at least once a week... Well, They are yummy and extremely band friendly but at 270-470 calories, not very weight loss friendly. I drink Atkins Advantage Mocha Latte protein shakes to fill the void. They are only 160 calories, 15 grams of protein, and 2 of dietary fiber... at 5 carbs and 1 gram of sugar, they are much better for me than Starbucks 42-77 carbs a pop...and 40-73 grams of sugar. Anyway, as most of you know, I don't drink anything with more than 5 calories unless it's a protein shake and those have 110 unless they are my yummy Mocha Latte for a splurge of 160. I prefer to eat my calories... Have you ever savored a Protein Shake? I have... This is my story for today. What have you replaced with a weight loss friendly option?

9 comments:

  1. OMG... My phone puts huge photos on my blog... I better not take one of my Ass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that these shakes are awesome. The Dark Chocolate Royale is really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a recipe for faux reeses peanut butter cups! they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing at your phone/ass comment, Maria!

    I can't think of a single thing I've replaced with a weight-loss friendly option. I would go for the high-calorie option (very infrequently) and skip lunch to cope with the extra calories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an Atkins strawberry shake for breakfast...yuck! It reminded me of barium. BUT it did keep me full for over 3 hours. I may need to try the chocolate flavors. I remember liking them, and you can't beat the convenience of grabbing one on the way out the door in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spewed coffee at my computer just now reading your comment! So funny! I savor my click protein shake in the afternoon. Makes me happy :) I haven't seen the mocha latte, going to look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first of all...LMAO at your comment on your own blog!!
    #2 those are the only atkins shakes i have tried! yummmyyyy oh i just remembered tried the caramel delight ones, eh so so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!!! @ your comment! You are hilarious!

    Anywhoozit, I think the only protein shake I've ever savored was the sample of Click we got at BOOBS last year. I still haven't ordered any -- not sure what is up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughing at the *ass* comment!!! I have just rediscovered apples. They are sweet and crunchy...I have not tried any protien shakes, so maybe now is the time! :)

    ReplyDelete