Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Post-Cruise Blues and the BOOB who cured them.




My post-cruise blues... cured by BOOB to BOOB contact... On our drive home to Orlando, from Fort Lauderdale... We met up with Stephanie(Electric LadyBand) for a fun-filled lunch. We had a great talk and I was thrilled that my George got to meet another banded sister... Steph is George's 4 1/2 time of getting some BOOBtime. Counting the Bama Sisters, Kim and Kristen, And our sweet Amy W... and of course, her Heather is BOOB by association... LOL. Anyway, He has really enjoyed meeting each of them and hearing their tales from the Band... especially Heather since she shares his unique view and role, like Tessie Rose's Hubby..... Married to the Band/I'm Listening. It makes me feel great to be able to share this part of my life with my George, since we share every other part of our lives together... This journey has been all about ME... and He is my biggest fan. I love that he gotten to meet BOOBs at all points in their journey that have been where I am and that have spouses/partners that have survived the ride along. Just like a Police ride along, being on this unique Band along is an emotional roller coaster for our Lifeloves... They watch us struggle with our weight but love us unconditionally, they worry about our health and our self esteem... They fight for our equality and fair treatment (Sometimes even with their own family, like in my situation), They insist on including us and keeping us feeling special, they caress us and kiss us, even on our cellulite soaked dangily parts that we hide from the outside world... Even if they don't understand our addiction completely, they try to support us in our insane attempts to eat and swallow the expanding delicious Yums that Stick it to us every friggin' time, because this time will be different, somehow. Our journey is a very difficult one, but so is theirs... They are our sanity, our mirror, and our scale... when these items fail us, they lift us up and take over... I want to see myself through George's eyes... I am incredibly beautiful, irresistable, smart, witty, sexy, and irreplaceable there. In Reality I'm pretty great but in George's eyes, I'm Amazing! There I would find the girl that I have searched for in every diet book, mini skirt, and lipstick tube... The girl I am in theory, Is his reality. I am jealous of her... She is prancing through my George's dreams while I cling to my protein shakes and Zumba DVDs. I will find her too... A little piece of her each day.

10 comments:

  1. You and George have a love affair going...I'm glad you have him and that he has you. The meaning of love is unconditional support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thing to write about your husband and all the men other that love us crazy women. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly beautiful post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria... as your aware i havent been on for awhile but you are looking AWESOME just wanted to pop by and say soo :)

    Keep up the awesome work!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post! You and George give me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great post. I was just thinking about this same thing the other day. My husband has a name for the me he see's. She is called sheniqua. She is my sexy self lol. great post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to start over with the reading because I kept getting distracted by your tiny waistline! You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so wonderful! And, you are getting so small!! I can really see a difference from Chicago to now -- way to go!! Love it that you got to hang out with Stephanie, too. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I look like a pocket friend next to you guys...I'm so freakin' short! I really enjoyed meeting your George and seeing you and you two are just so sweet together. XOXO

    ReplyDelete