Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Scratch and Sniff to lose weight?



I just saw on the TV news here that studies have shown that smelling certain things can make you lose weight... As you all know, I am willing to try anything to help my weight loss, except maybe hard exercise and not eating chocolate. Well, They say that people who smelled peppermint, apples, bananas or vanilla... every 2 hours. throughout the day actually ate like 2700 less calories per week, which adds up to like 3 extra pounds lost per month and supposively people who sniffed more often lost even more week. They say that smelling these items tricks our brain into thinking we ate... Weird, right? but how could it hurt to carry a peppermint or 2 in your purse or have a banana or apple around. How about some Vanilla body mist? I think there might be something to this... I was very hunger earlier before I heard about this aromatherapy thingy on the news... I went to the fridge and couldn't figure out what I wanted to eat... so I took a small apple out and before I even took a bite, I stopped feeling hungry. I thought I was getting sick or something... but maybe just smelling the apple was enough to satisfy me... Yet another Toll road, I have yet to take... One good smell deserves another.

6 comments:

  1. I have actually heard this several times! Definitely worth trying out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, definitely worth trying - I must make a note of which items to smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm interesting, i think im gonna have to try this out :) thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know! I think the only vanilla I have is vanilla extract for baking - maybe I'll give that a whirl!

    ReplyDelete