Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Independance Day from where It all began!




  • It's been too long since I blogged on and on about everything....

  • I was so excited to be back home for the 4th of July, Here in Philly it is a big huge deal with week long festivities and I enjoyed the fireworks over the Philadelphia Museum of Art tonight with my George... We hadn't been in years, which means we convienently forgot about the huge crowds(100's of thousands), and many detours and road blocks... but we had a great view of the main stage where the ROOTS, Boyz ii Men, Sara Barielles, Earth Wind and Fire, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Michael McDonald, & Estelle... I don't feel uncomfortably patriotic here, like I did in Orlando. We bleed Red, White, and Blue!

  • Anyway, Yesterday was my Uncle's big BBQ/Pool Party Bash... I was jealous of the great photos on facebook every year but never able to attend since the 1000 miles was too much of a commute and Disney is very busy for all holidays(In case you forgot George and I both worked there at one point or another while we lived in Florida)... It was a great time at my Uncle's, Great food(too much), great family bonding, great friends... I was reminded of how glad I am to be home with my Kin while munching on Crabcakes delivered poolside... Yum!

  • Today, we walked to the end of the driveway of our house and sat in lawn chairs watching the local parade go by... Picture old times with kids on the bikes decorated with streamers, garland, and balloons drowning in red white and blue and flags in every hand... The fire depts, antique cars, dancers, bands, drum corps, all went by as we sat in our driveway... I felt nostalgic and cherished every moment with our dog by my feet all dressed in his most patriotic outfit(Yes, my Dog likes to dress up... Don't judge!)

  • I went to the gym 4 times last week but since I made a deal with Jen to go 5 days a week... that's what this week holds. Today I walked alot but the gym was closed for the holiday so a No Go there but I will go tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... and then start again.

  • I read one of Amy W.'s posts today about the dangers of comparing our bodies.... and It got me thinking of myself.... I spent too long staring at this young girl at tonight's festival Downtown... She was gorgeous and I was jealous of her awesome body. I know that I will never have a perfect body and I got this band to better my health or even save my life so I shouldn't care but I do realize that the tight bods I most envy are much much younger than mine... I think I feel resentful for missing alot of my youth by being on a diet and not liking my body. I always thought I was fat... even before I actually was. I want to relive those days and know what I know now... Now that would be interesting! but I remember that I was 22 when I met my George and even though I had alot of fun before him, my Forever started the day we met. If I had been different, happier with myself, realized how gorgeous I was... maybe I wouldn't have given him the time of day and ended up with a huge Jerk(My gorgeous Husband for those of you who haven't met him is a bit of a geek, even though he's drop dead gorgeous, and he thinks I am the only one who thinks he's good looking, I am blessed) ... So, I have no regrets!

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome concert! So many throw back bands that remind me of being younger, ha!

    Sounds like you had a great fourth of July!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to been at that concert! I love Earth, Wind and Fire and Michael McDonald...this was a great post, Maria and I'm glad it was so positive and upbeat! Most importantly, I'm glad you have such a great attitude and realize that you have so much to be proud and happy for. You have done and will continue to do awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I LOVE the Roots and I'm jealous you got to see them live.

    I so understand the comparisons to younger folk and wishing I hadn't wasted my youth-- but like you said, think of all the wonderful blessings that we have managed in our lives, including great partners who we know truly love us for the complete package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day! We never really do much on holidays anymore. We did go to a party on Sunday, but yesterday we hung out and did some yard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had a blast at the event.

    I know what you mean about being envious of PYT's, I know I'm still young, but after having twins and being fat I know I'll NEVER have the type of body I want. Hard realization.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good work on the gym! I haven't actually been inside my gym but Sunday was the only day I didn't work out/train for the triathlon! We rule :) love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete