Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CyberBully....

While Watching the ABC Family movie, CyberBully....

I realize that these girls have haunted us or been us most of our lives, even before computers and the Internet changed things....

  • It should never be easy to show hate.... We should be fighting every hateful urge in our bodies, everyday in everyway. It is human nature to get angry and want revenge, but we don't have to stoop to a level beneath ourselves to get it. Revenge comes when you overcome adversity, when you prove people wrong, when you are happy and live your life to the fullest. We all have Bullies... even the Bullies have Bullies.
  • I consider myself a good person, but I definitely have wanted to call someone a Bitch on the Internet and in real life. I have wanted to call someone ugly, when they call me Fat or say At least I can lose some weight, but you will always be ugly. When I say Ugly... I meant on the inside but I don't know where that person is coming from when they call me names. Was their mother abusive to them about their weight their whole life?
  • Putting other people down is something people do to pull themselves up... So I guess the best way to make them stop is to say something nice back. Call me Fat and I'll tell you that you have a gorgeous smile. They need the compliment more than I do.... I mean, I know I'm fat, but do they know that they have pretty eyes? Do they know that I wish that I didn't struggle with my weight? Do they know that I own a mirror? Everyone always looks prettier when they smile... so Smile in the face of adversity.
  • Bullying only makes small minds feel bigger... but it doesn't last and they have to escalate to keep the feeling of superiority. To feel good about yourself surround yourself with people who love... not people who hate, notice the good in people(No matter how small the good may be), but most of all notice the good in yourself(and work toward making the changes you need to feel better)...
  • Mothers... and Fathers... Raise your children to love all. We are all beautiful, no matter what our color, race, size, or type... If you raise a Bully, you probably are a Bully. Teach your children equality, and to treat others as you would want to be treated yourself. Let your kids know that they can change the world one day at a time... They can stomp out indifference. If they see someone getting bullied online, stick up for them... or tell someone. Indifference is worse than the hate... It keeps the hate alive.

I'm sorry for getting all After School Special on you but, I am lucky that I have such an amazing support network and some people don't. Here is a safe place, where we can feel good about our progress, revel in our successes, and dwell in our slip ups. No one is called Fat here... We are all safe to be ourselves and to love ourselves.

5 comments:

  1. your right, no one should feel like there a lesser person just becasue someone else says so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with being all "Afterschool Special" on us. You bring up great points. I know that for me there are 2 girls from high school who if i saw were on fire, I wouldn't even pee on them to help put out the flames. So many people don't realize how their bitch actions effect others for the long term. I know it's something I need to let go, but at the same time, I just really don't like them and they made me miserable. I kno we're not perfect and we ALL do things that may hurt others, wheter we realize it or not, but being a Mean Girl just for the sake of being a bitch is just uncool. Thanks for the positive post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Great post, Maria. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go right ahead and go all after school special (A.S.S.) whenever you want! Great message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post... I think my favorite message from this is that it shouldn't be easy to show hate. You're so right about that! And it's too easy to fight back, when we really need to maintain a position of peace and tolerance.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete