Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Blues... and Me.

Well, yesterday was my first birthday since moving back home and It was almost uneventful. I did get to spend time with my fiesty niece and my sweet angel nephews though... which was a blessing. Becoming 42, not so much. I have been feeling middle-aged lately, not emotionally... but physically. My knees and hip have been hurting alot lately, but I want to keep active or they will be stiff too.

Anyway, I guess I should tell you that your body gets used to your new weight, if you stay there too long... so I need to get this train moving towards my goal at a faster pace. I know I've said that it's not a sprint, it's a marathon but It's also not supposed to be treading water or waiting for a bus. I feel tired, I feel bored... I need my exercise to get me moving and shake off these cobwebs on my joints.

As for my eating, It could be better, but it's not bad... It will be better. I have been keeping my fiber up but my protein has been slipping... from around 95-110 grams a day to 76-85 grams a day... which is the low end of where I need to be. I checked my BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate) which is the rate that your body burns calories in a resting state... or in case you stayed in bed all day... LOL. It's 2343.2 supposively... which even if I am slightly off with my calorie count... and get more active than the bedridden... which means I should be losing like 2 pounds a week or so. And... I'm not. So unless I am a sleep eater, something is wrong with that number.

I want to thank you all for your support and wonderful birthday messages on facebook. I know I am much healthier at age 42 than I was at 41, or 40 or 39... etc. I booked my flight to Chicago this week and I am thrilled that I got a great rate and am able to go and be with my BOOBS. Your support has been an incredible blessing to me!

6 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday! :)

    Hopefully you can get your metabolism in check, or whatever's throwing your weight loss off. Plateaus are the devil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have the blues but I am THRILLED that you will be in Chicago. Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! I'm with you on the "I need to get this train moving again" and we'll do it!

    (a comment on your comment to my post about my MIL's public pooping incident - it was totally not lost on me that we'd just seen Bridesmaids and I think that was maybe the only thing that kept me sane - Still, every time I think back to Maya Rudolph in the wedding dress slowly sinking to the road as she tried to cross it I totally start laughing all over again!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!! So glad you're going to Chicago, I hope to join ya'll next year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie.. so sorry to not caught up with you.. this has been hell week for me..so I am here to wish you a HAPPY BELATED B day.. love that you are getting focused on the exercise.. I so need to get there too!!!
    And yahoo for CHI Town.. we are all going to have a blast again.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!! I know what you mean about the BMR. I should have hit my goal long ago according to those numbers, in think something is wrong there. maybe we're not eating the right calories? I've never been able to figure out why I'm not losing faster. Anyways, glad you were able to book Chicago! I'm not able to go so I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete