Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ruby's back!


Well, tonight is the season premiere for RUBY... and she's gained back 60 pounds(I didn't see that coming, She says sarcastically while rolling her eyes wildly)... I didn't always watch the show, I found her character annoying and whiney but I started watching again, after finding my own character whiney and annoying too... Well, I see all the addictive behaviors that I struggle with myself... so It is easy for me to relate to her, but I wish she would realize that it is ok to admit we need help sometimes... and I am happy that I got help for my addictions. There's no cure for the addiction only periods of remission. I will watch the show mostly because gaining back is my biggest fear. When I plateau like right now... I am most afraid, since it is one step from a regain. If I see the scale hop up for a day or two, I freak out, but eating right gets it to come right back down... and losing would be much better than not gaining. **************************************************************************************PS>>> The show is a reality show on the Style network, It is a true story of a Ruby Gettiger, a morbidly obese woman's struggle to lose weight... She weighed like 716 pounds when she started to try to lose weight. She has lost hundreds of pounds with diet and exercise...

7 comments:

  1. I like Ruby. I havent watched her show in forever though! I need to tune in and she what is new with her. I couldnt believe her weight gain either...all in all she has done very well though! We can all relate to her struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What channel does it come on? Also, is it based on a true story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ruby! I can't wait to see it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ruby too -- she's so brave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I have not seen that show in forever...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of it. I will have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete