- I am feeling crappy these days, I have been having my TOM and it has forced some crazy cravings on me. I ate Black Licorice Bears at the movie theater last night(Don't worry, they are artificially flavored). I went to a Mexican restaurant called Mad Mex Downtown, and it was yummy, but my friend got the hummus dip with roasted pumpkins seeds in it and I couldn't leave it alone... Delish! It was all yummy during the eating but ... I feel Yuck afterwards. I mean the Hummus dip is sorta healthy but the chips, not so much.
- As most of you know, My George works for Disney... We moved back home to Philly last Spring but we go down there several times a year for him to work to keep his benefits. These days since the job hunt up here is a bust for him, we are forcing a working vacation to DisneyWorld to pay up some bills. He's a server in the Magic Kingdom so we makes great tips... We are starting our long drive tonight. Wish me luck!
- I am preparing for a revision surgery so I am on the 6 months mandatory weight management... so far so good. I figured even If I decide not to do it, I will be doing what I am supposed to be doing so that's good. I will have to go through all the same stuff again to get the insurance approval for both the band removal and the Gastric sleeve or bypass.
- I love my Husband like crazy... most of you married folks know that in a long marriage you have ebbs and flows. And sometimes your husband is so annoying that you want to push him in front of a bus... LoL... I am totally crazy about my George... after 20 years together I still get butterflies in my stomach when I look at him. He's dreamy... LOL
- I love to try new foods now... which is so different from me Pre-band. I want to find new protein sources... since it gets a little boring if you don't. I love fish, and I could eat it everyday. At the Mad Mex place, I had Fish Tacos, and they were yummy too.
- I am sort of worried about my road trip, I eat alot of junk on road trips usually. It is the only time I eat slim jims...LOL I used to drink Pepsis pre-band, so that was the only time I drank soda too... but I did ok on my last car trip so hopefully this will be the same. I packed a couple of protein/fiber bars to munch on and I will be stopping to eat once or twice to break up the drive.
- I have been shopping at GoodWill alot lately, finding some great clothes to add to my growing wardrobe. It seems alot of former fatties donate there... and the stuff looks almost new. One man trash IS my Treasure.
- I am happy that I haven't even though about the food aspect of going to Disney.... It used to be all about the food. They have great restaurants and snacks... all over the theme parks and resorts. I usually am thinking about where should we eat this time... but It hasn't even crossed my mind. I do look forward to Sweet Tomatoes, they don't have them up here and I love it there. Plus since I have a lapband card, I pay the child's price so for like 5 bucks, I can taste a little of this and a little of that. And not worry that I didn't "Get my Money's worth"
- I saw alot of movies since we last talked... I saw Will Ferrell's Casa De Mi Padre on Monday, It was funny... sort of a spoof on Mexican meloow dramas. I saw Project X tuesday, Which was a nerdy teenagers have a Epic party and become popular movie... I wasn't looking forward to it but it was well shot with you feeling like the videographer and great characterizations. I saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night, which was some amazingly dry witty brits, who retire to India with promises of this luxurious hotel and end up in shambles(It isn't released til May)... And tonight, I am seeing John Carter... before my long drive down 95.
- I am hoping to see some friends and hang out while my hubby is working so text me if you want to get together... I will see you soon.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Ten Things Thursday.... Yay!
Well, Here we go...