Friday, April 29, 2011

Banded Bullets.... and other crapola.

Well, I was thinking about some things that have changed since I was banded... while I was at a my first Philly Support Group with an Renewed high school friend....







  • I feel less stressed about losing weight... I just take it as it comes and week it when it doesn't.


  • I eat more fish, I love it actually... but I wasn't crazy about fish pre-band.


  • I fart alot more, much more... I guess it's my "healthier" diet, but they usually don't smell much so I just accept it and hide in a corner now and then.


  • I crave things that I never really liked before... like French toast and mashed potatoes... Weird, right?


  • I think my food decisions through more... I count calories, carbs, and fat but my life doesn't revolve around it, I just like being informed.


  • I really enjoy working out at the gym... It gives me a feeling of accomplishment.


  • I wear my war wounds with pride but a little annoyance... I have elephant knees, a floppy belly, bat wings, and sagging parts galore, It reminds me of alot of hard work and good choices... but it also reminds me that I still have far to go...


  • Fiber is important to me... really important.


  • I have a vase with a little pebble/rock for every pound I've lost... I have lots more rocks to go in... when it's time. It's really beautiful, I saw the idea on RUBY, and I decided that It was something I wanted to do as well.


  • I watch HEAVY, RUBY, and many other Weight Loss survivor stories... they inspire me.


  • Sometimes the mirror is more honest with me than other times.


  • I am working on a scrapbook about my weight loss journey... called 1 vs 300.


  • My weight can fluctuate up to 10 pounds in a day.


  • Since I have been back home to Philly, I have eaten cake, candy, carbs in abundance, I haven't started back at the gym... and I haven't gained a pound and maybe even lost a little... because of 2 flights of stairs to my little loft... and alot more walking.


  • I love reading your blogs and feel like I am part of your daily grind... and love having you in my daily grind.


  • I am so happy to be home... and I feel like singing!

7 comments:

  1. You forgot that you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! You were in my Boobs inspired dream last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to get all your thoughts out :o)

    I love the vase with the stones idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the pebble idea, I think I will find a way to apply it to my life.... something to look forward to in a future blog..... Love how positive and inspiring you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so tickled for you that you are home and happy. I love the pebbles in a vase idea...I think I'm going to copy your idea. Miss you bunches...can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the move was a good one for you and the pebble idea is a really good one. Maria, you have done so good and you will continue to be a success...you'll be running up and down those stairs before you know it!

    ReplyDelete