Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trying to keep my balls in the air!

Is it me or does everything I say sound dirty? Anyway, I have been working on getting more fiber... I switched to Atkins Daybreak Protein fiber bars, have one slice of high-fiber bread of 6 grams or more, I have been eating a small apple for snack, and mixing more high-fiber products into my daily menu... It is not easy to try to eat low carb, high protein, high fiber... They don't go together well. I've been doing alot of research to keep changing my routines and keeping it fresh. I have been doing my Just Dance for Wii.... mostly the 2nd one since I like that better... I ordered the Zumba fitness DVDs from QVC when they were on (Thanx Karin for telling us on facebook about them having the Zumba set... It is 8 DVDs and the Toning sticks that are like maracas with weights... LOL I can't wait to shake my booty in the privacy of my own home so only my husband can laugh at me. Well, everything is going pretty smoothly these days, so I will not bore you all with too many details.... but I'll write again soon. BTW****My prayers go out to Barb(My New Life Rules) and family today... I love you Barb. I wish I could be there to give you a hug. Mark was a wonderful man and I'm so sorry for your tragic loss.

5 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem with fibre...I eat very little vegie (or none at all), can't eat any bread and hate shakes...so I am sure my body is depleted of all nutrients...I am having a small unfill on Sunday and I am hoping that it will actually kick start my weight loss again (I am going to focus on eating super healthy too)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self confession - I've been bad about the low-carb...I need to get back on the wagon.

    By the way, I nominated you for a blog award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. low carb is kinda naturally high protien--the problem probably comes if you are also trying to watch fat intake--but you can still eat lots of lean meat, poultry and fish!!
    On the fiber, Id like to suggest making Muffins in a Minute: http://www.atkins.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe905/Muffin-in-a-Minute-%28MIM%29.aspx

    AND....recently Ive just discovered this awesome low carb verrryyy high fiber bread. its pricey but delicious! http://julianbakery.com/low-carb-bread/smart-carb-no-1/

    Anyway keep up the good fight and have a blast shaking that booty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out Zumba for Wii too...it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete