Tuesday, December 28, 2010

HELP>>>> I've fallin' off the Wagon and I can't get up!

Ok, I am beginning to believe I am a self-saboteur... I mean, my head knows that i have to eat a Lean/Green diet to continue my weight loss... (Basically Low Carb/High Protein/Low Fat) But my mouth seems to be on strike... For some reason... Mashed potatoes, which were never a favorite of mine... are now craved often. I miss bread... alot and I am not loving meat these days. I guess I should tell you that I never was a meat and potatoes girl... But now I'm forced to be a meat and broccoli girl... specifically chicken, turkey or fish... I do eat beef and pork sometimes too but mostly I stick to poultry or fish. I have been seduced by the potato completely... I want baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, fries, sweey potatoes, and so on and so on... I always have gotten a small spoonful at a buffet once in a while to feed the need but the spoonful has been getting bigger and bigger... and my protein count has been getting lower and lower. I have been having a great day today, 103 grams of protein and 64 ounces of water so far... but also I went over my carbs by a few... and want more desperately like a crackhead craves the pipe. I only had 53 grams of carbs... not 530, like I want. I have been trying to keep the carbs below 50 a day. So why are the cravings so strong? Anyway, I really need to stay strong... I exercised with my Wii Just Dance 2 earlier and seemed to be doing so well. I love my Just Dance 2, BTW... I have been doing the Just Sweat program and I am doing the tough one which is only like 3 songs a day... and I have been going on... Did you hear that world? I can stop since I hit my 1000 sweat point mark and continue on... I felt great but with the night comes the cravings.... Always. I am looking forward to seeing some great BOOBs this weekend! No, I'm not hitting the strip clubs.... well, maybe I am but Stephanie, Heidi, Amy and I are getting together... for dinner and Disney. i am going to miss the many visiting BOOBs... Orlando is one of the top tourist destinations in the World... but just between you and me... I won't miss the tourists.

10 comments:

  1. Just wanted to recommend faux-tatoes!! I dont know if it will be as grand, if you're watching fat intake as well as carbs, but what I do is cook cauliflower OR turnips until they are mush, then drain and mash with butter and whatever else you like to put in the real deal potatoes. Seriously, it sounds odd but its just as good!!
    Hope you get those cravings under control soon--you can get back on the ole wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the carb cravings. I don't know if it is the weather or holidays but I really have to pay attention or I will want more carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're struggling. I totally relate. In fact, today I went back on the pre-op diet because I obviously can not be trusted with my food choices. Depressing.

    Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Good luck getting your mouth straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh My tastes have completely changed. I used to be a savory kinda girl but now everything meaty gets stuck so I eat very little meat. Mashed veg and potatoes are the mainstay of my diet along with the soup :-(
    But sweet stuff goes down really well so although I dont necessarly want it, it fills me up and does the trick. I am really struggling so New Year new approach. I am hoping this will get me back of the straight and narrow. here's to a new start. I so want March to be celebrated with success and pride instead of dissappointment and self loathing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carbs are like crack to me! If I have a little I want more, if I have a lot, then that's all I can think of. I think it really does have something to do with the Glycemic index. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! I Know you will get back on the horse, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um. I just had 2 slices of pizza for lunch. They were NOT small slices - full size. One Hawaiian and one pepperoni. My office supplied it for lunch for an "end of the year pizza party" and I ate it. Gah. Pizza is basically a slider food for me and I have no idea why - I totally could have eaten more. So I understand falling off the wagon. Just need to tell myself it's only one day. Ah well. We can work on it together! I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hear ya on the carbs and lacking protien. My fill is kicking in but I still managed to eat toast for breakfast. Oh, yeah I did have a protien shake ready and waiting for me in the fridge but I had toast! I am ready to start losing again- lose the carbs and lose the pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're here for you. And strange but I too love mashed potatoes now. Garlic mashed potatoes. I think I have had more mashed potatoes in the last year than in the last 20 years. I think it is because they go down. I envy you being able to stick low carb. I can't seem to keep them out of my life. Maybe you need a fill. With my last fill, I gave up all thought of food (until the chocolate came out this last week). When you are at your sweet spot, you really don't care about eating. It is a weird concept but when you get it, it surely is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is a new fancy publix close to my house and they have garlic mashed caulifluer (sp?) in the deli case. fresh. it is actually pretty good. just make sure it does not have potatoes in it.

    i will kick your ass of the sabatoge bench if you kick mine....TOMORROW when i see you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete