Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Science of Giving up....

Well, I had pretty much given up.... 


My health was so bad after my last surgery that I had to struggle to live... then struggle to heal... then struggle to cope... With Depression, with disappointment, with hopelessness...

I need to accept what I cannot change and change the things I can.... I feel like crap alot. I am in pain, and still struggle with loss of breath from my left lung's collapse. I know what to do to lose weight.... and i have to do that without taking long breaks. I am not active, but I do make good choices with food. I need to make more good choices with food and force myself to get activated. 

Today, I went to my gyno for my annual checkup.... I didn't dread getting on the scale... I had accepted my fate. I was shocked that I had lost a little weight... I had stayed at the same weight for a long while after gaining some back. I was expecting a gain....or more of the same. Note to self.... Don't accept your fate!

No comments:

Post a Comment